PDA

View Full Version : How about we gather some data through a survey?

zer0_grav
25th Aug 2011, 18:49
Hey guys, I joined PPRuNe a few months back, I read a lot, say very little.
I feel that there is a lot of information present on this website but it is extremely tedious to find that information. There are lots of emotions and opinions involved with many posts, and sometime it tends to over power the facts. I do realize that this forum is officially a rumor network but lot of us come here looking for facts and information.

I would like to suggest a survey, a basic one to start with. I will be happy to design and post this survey, but before I do I would like to find out how many of you guys would participate in this survey.

The survey I have in my mind has 4 parts approximately 3-4 questions per part

- Licensing(conversion non conversion)
- After Training (employment)
- Type rating ( Help or hurt)
- Opinions

The goal of this survey is to collect numbers and hard facts and learn from your experiences.Please post below, indicating weather you are interested or not.

Thanks

livetokill22
26th Aug 2011, 01:46
Yeah sounds like a good idea. :)

captjns
26th Aug 2011, 05:07
Give it a go.

1. State the purpose of your survey.

2. Ensure your survey is user friendly.

Luke SkyToddler
26th Aug 2011, 07:35
Been done a million times before on the "wannabes" forum, never lasts more than a page without degenerating into a huge bitch fight over buying-a-type-rating :rolleyes:

zer0_grav
26th Aug 2011, 22:01
@ livetokill thanks for your interest, I have already started on the survey and I am hallf way thorugh. I ll post one soon.

@ Captjn I will try and make it as user freindly as possible, I think this will be a great resource for people to trying to make various decisions.

@ Luke I think one thing we can do to prevent a bitchfest is to make sure this thing is all about facts, opinions are impotent, but if we make sure this is survey is mostly interested in facts and experiences, and the survey is mostly multiple choice, I think we can avoid a lot of unnecessary emotionally charged banter. If you have any other ideas its welcome.

@ rest - guys the ability of this survey is proportional to diversity of experience base that participate, so please take more interest, I really think this could prove to be a great resource for so called "wanabes" and also people who are st in the industry and looking for ways to advance there career

Thanks again.