PDA

View Full Version : Alevels

C172M
25th Aug 2011, 11:29
Hi,
Now you might ask why didn't searched on this forum about this .Well to be honest I haven't found what I’m looking for.

I finished 6th form this year :D and I got these results A-level maths D and physics D i have 5 gsces C and higher. I ‘am a holder of the JAA ppl .Should I continue and start off with the ATPL ??? I know for a fact that most airlines require gsc's so I think I should be safe:ok:

Foniac
25th Aug 2011, 11:37
The only reference I've seen to A-Level requirements so far is that of the BA FPP. In terms of flying schools for the ATPL they only require 5 GCSE's of C or above including a science so you should be safe! :)

Just remember though, it's a very demanding course and requires a lot of work being put in to it (Not saying you didn't put the work in for your A-Levels) :)

C172M
25th Aug 2011, 11:58
I'am looking forword to work for easy jet,ryinair or city jet they do not specify any education requirements correct me if im wrong:confused: in 2 two weeks time i'll be visitting OAA which i'll be doing my JAA ATPL :ok:

C172M
25th Aug 2011, 16:26
Hi,

I'm about to take an important desition I just got my Alevel results maths grade D and physics grade D should I improve my grades(repeat the year) or continue with flying (ATPL cpl etc)?I know airlines which say 5 gsces grade C or better (which i have) and 2 alevels but at what garde they are talking about ??????I going to apply for the ATPL at oxford modular and do the flying elsewere .

Groundloop
26th Aug 2011, 08:05
C172M, I wouldn't bother about your A-levels. With the standard of your written English you will never get as far as an airline interview. They will take one look at your application and bin it!