PDA

View Full Version : Looking to get as much info as i possibly can!

tntpilot
25th Aug 2011, 03:45
Hi All.

I'm David from NYC I'm a 40 Y/O new commercial pilot who grew up in Trinidad, however, born in the USA. I'm still working on my hours and have a degree in Airline transportation. I do have a Trinidad Passport, but was wondering about the chances of flying back in Trinidad. Please excuse my ignorance, but do i need to convert my license,? What are the necessary step for me to take or do to fly with Caribbean Airlines? Oh! What do the get paid as an FO? Any info on this subject will help.

topshotter007
25th Aug 2011, 17:09
Hi David,
I think you may find some interesting information somewhere in this thread regarding working for Caribbean Airlines.

http://www.pprune.org/caribbean-latin-america/342917-caribbean-airlines.html#post4403387

Also, you would need to convert your license to a TT CPL. Run a search on the forum for 'trinidad' and you my find numerous posts regarding the subject matter as well as other information.

P.S. A Caribbean Airlines F/O on the Dash 8 makes roughly $3000USD per month.

Hope that was helpful in some way.

Regards.

Jay_solo
25th Aug 2011, 17:36
You will need to convert to the Trinidad and Tobago CPL by doing the conversion exams, passing a medical and if your flying skills are current, you will not need to take any flying test. But this can change according to the T&T CAA. Contact the CAA administration office for more details.

Civil Aviation Authority - Home (http://www.caa.gov.tt) tel: 868-669-4302

If you were born in the USA, my advice is to stay there. You are a citizen, which means you can get your flight instructor rating and build hours then join a regional, and then a major. Why come and fight up in a small market like Trinidad? :confused:

You will have far better opportunities and a broader range of flying in the US than you would in Trinidad.

You really need to know someone down in Trinidad to get your foot in the door! Caribbean Airlines may start hiring soon as they are expanding a little. But besides Caribbean Airlines, there is Briko and the Air guard. But the latter two are more difficult to get into than Caribbean Airlines.

My advice, at your age and with a fresh CPL, stay stateside man! :ok:

tntpilot
25th Aug 2011, 20:29
Thanks man... I figured as much. Still, it was a great thought. Once again, Thanks!

tntpilot
26th Aug 2011, 01:25
It definitely was helpful. Thanks. I'm very new to the aviation world. Looking to gather as much info as I possibly can.