PDA

View Full Version : CLASS 1 MEDICAL AT AFCME.

storm999
24th Aug 2011, 16:37
Hi guys .. i have received a date for a class 1 medical in the beginning of oct at AFCME delhi ,i am however trying to get it sooner as theres an issue of recency . i wanted to ask if anyone knows if it will make a difference if i email them and request a earlier date ( if there r any cancelations ) has anyone ever tried it or has any idea abt this .. ? any response is appriciaited. Thanks

issues
24th Aug 2011, 17:54
When I called yesterday, they said its full till end of Oct. No use emailing them. I had emailed them last year June for an appointment after which I left for the US again and still haven't heard from them. I suggest go there and talk to either the guy at the front desk or ask him that you wanna meet the president of AFCME, he's a nice guy maybe he can help you.

razzy
25th Aug 2011, 05:42
AFCME usually is booked solid and the chances of getting your scheduled dates for Class 1 medicals preponed is next to zilch.

If you really want a medical done quickly try to go to Jorhat (for initial medical exam).

storm999
25th Aug 2011, 05:45
Thanks a lot of the quick replies guys ! .. will try to get a date at jorhat and see if they can issue a date sooner than what i already got ..

bad_attitude
26th Aug 2011, 06:52
if you have your PMR with you or if its already there at AFCME, go there every morning and get yours done against cancellations.

every day there are a whole bunch of no shows. so you can easily get it done, the only issue is the damn PMR.

good luck.

AmateurAviatorAlways
26th Aug 2011, 09:16
suppose i have my class II medical certificate in hand and i want to apply for my class I medical for the first time, what would be the time required, on an average, to wait for getting an appointment? Since it is the first time, does it require PMR forwarding related to the initial class II medicals? Please help guys! Thanks!! :D

kshiteej_wizard
26th Aug 2011, 19:28
you need to first get an appointment from any of the DGCA class 1 centres.
2.then write an application to request them to send your PMR file to the CLASS1 centre you got an appointment from.

captjns
26th Aug 2011, 21:40
Getting the medical scheduled is not the main issue. Getting the Air Force Security is the bigger obstacle.

AmateurAviatorAlways
27th Aug 2011, 05:59
@wizard
hey mate you said that i need to write an application to "them" to forward the PMR file to the class I medical centre I got appointment from...
now my concern is who are you addressing as "them"?

storm999
28th Aug 2011, 05:35
@ amateur... Them is the lovely DGCA buddy .. U have to apply for a date at the Medical centre .. and then make a application to DGCA asking them to forward your file ( PMR # ) wherever u have got the date.. no class 1 date is available in delhi or banglore until oct 2nd or 3rd week.. so apply for the date ASAP ... and takes DGCA about 20 days to forward the PMR file .. so plan accordingly ..

AmateurAviatorAlways
28th Aug 2011, 05:37
@storm999
thanks a lot for the info buddy.. :)

CAT3_DUAL
28th Aug 2011, 06:48
fill out this form instead

Standard PMR forwarding request form (http://dgca.nic.in/medical/Public%20Notice%20-%20PMR%20by%20Speed%20post.pdf) and post it they will consider you.

i sent my Request 15 days ago (5 days for the letter to reach DGCA)
trust me in 5 days my pmr was at Mumbai :eek::eek::eek:
(no Jugad)

NOC for delayed medical (http://dgca.nic.in/public_notice/PN-medical%20NOC.pdf)

CAT3_DUAL
28th Aug 2011, 07:04
if you have your PMR with you or if its already there at AFCME, go there every morning and get yours done against cancellations.

every day there are a whole bunch of no shows. so you can easily get it done, the only issue is the damn PMR.

good luck.

there are always 1-2 cancellations in a day

and this method really works:ok::ok:

concorde77
30th Aug 2011, 23:40
Hi there guys
I have a doubt regarding the DGCA medicals .I have done both my class 2 and class 1 medical. I have had LASIK surgery on both my eyes around three and half years back. My power was around -3 before I did the surgery. Before going to DCGA medical I went to eye test with 4 eye hospitals ( the best one in my city) all declared that I have 6/6 vision. In my class 2 also I was declared that I have 6/6 vision. But in my class one the eye doctor told that I have a power of -0.5(axis -65) in my right eye alone .he told my left eye has 6/6 vision. After which he told me to get a special OCT scan just to check the health of my cornea. End of the day the doc told that everything is fine. But that I have to wear glasses while flying alone. He told that if I would come for a normal eye test he would have not given me glass .he said there is just a minute power in right eye alone and some minute residual power would be there even after Lasik ( he told that normal).
When my DGCA class one arrived 3 months later. My DGCA class one medical says “HAS MET PRESCRIBED MEDICAL STANDARDS. Below this there is a limitations section –this section in blank. Below this that is a section call recommendation. In which 3 codes are given. The explanation for these codes were given at the back.
.33- to exercise the privileges of the glasses with corrective Glasses
.82 – Advised carriage spare set of spectacles while flying
.174- All Review at IAM/AFCME
I have 4 questions
1. I stay in chennai ,India. There is a Airforce base here that does in the renewal of class 1 medical(Senior Medical Officer,Air Force Station,Tambaram,Chennai 600046) . Can do my class 1 renewal here or should I go only to an IAM Bangalore / DELHI AFCME centre.?
2. Does the word review mean renewal?
3. As I have said earlier I have done lasik already . But still the dgca class 1 doctor has prescribed specs for me. When I go for an interview with an airline would I be looked at in a different way for this? That is even though I do better than the other guys in the interview the fact that I have done a lasik am still wearing glasses ,( Right eye -0.5, left eye -6/6 ) is that going to weigh down heavily on me .
4. Are IAM and AFCME medical centers very strict compared to the civil medical centers like Apollo hospital?
Thanks a million for your time. Cheers :ok::ok: