PDA

View Full Version : Any Citation Excel 560xl operators in SE Asia?

VNAv8r
24th Aug 2011, 06:47
Wanting to know of any operators, private or charter, or pilots flying or who had flown the Excel in and around SE Asia... Like to know their views on the aircraft, the good and the bad, and overall experience with maintenance support in the area...

Cactus225
24th Aug 2011, 10:21
VT-JSS--- Cessna 560XL
VT-SWC---Cessna 560XL

Just curious... why are you so interested in such an unusual aircraft?

buying one of those?

Think I also know a pilot who used to fly this aircraft.. or maybe the Cessna 550.. not sure.. will let you know.

VNAv8r
24th Aug 2011, 17:05
Interesting you call it an unusual aircraft... It appears it was a popular aircraft for the fractional boys and that... along with a few recent events has sparked my interest to know more about it... What customer profile was it intended for???

Cactus225
27th Aug 2011, 06:59
Oh I just mentioned it as unusual cause most of the people here on Pprune, who are mostly low timer pilots looking for their first jobs and seeking info for TRs usually talk about B737s, A320s and ATRs.

Since you asked a much broader question about a GA aircraft, you got me interested and I went through the DGCA A/Cs list for you.

560 XL is medium sized business jet, 7-9 capacity with a range good enough for domestic purposes- 2000NM (Needs a refueling stop even between Mumbai- Dubai with full loads).
goes for around 2 lacs INR an hour.

Customer profile- whoever could spend that kind of money I guess. I see four NSOPs operating this aircraft ind India.

It was originally meant to compete with twin turboprops like the B200 or the PA 31.
Comparable aircraft in India seem to be Cessna 550, Citation II and Hawker 800- 850- 900.- all with similar seating capacity and range.

The most economical aircraft for that range and capacity without compromising much on the speed - would have to be the P180 Avanti - we have four of those in India.

I am just a low timer pilot who likes to read about aircrafts. Guess you would already know all that I have mentioned here...
If you are looking for a really serious opinion about this aircraft I know a few people who worked on this aircraft before and they might be able to help you.

Speed_240
27th Aug 2011, 17:02
There are 4 xl's in delhi, 1 each in pune and chennai, and 3 in mumbai. Excellent aircraft been flying this one out of delhi for an year now, no major maintainence issues.

Taneja aerospace and aviation limited, hosur is authorised by cessna to carry out maintainence. Engineers can be flown out from hosur to carry out maintainence and if major work is required aircraft has to be ferried to bengaluru.

Vpg
9th Feb 2013, 05:32
Guys !
The CE560XL is a lovely airplane and as I have over a 1000hrs Command on type ,I can shed some info on it.This airplane can climb to FL410 nonstop which only a few 40/50 million $ planes can do.I have flown this airplane nonstop from Tblisi(georgia) to Delhi Nonstop (1780nm) with constant 20knots headwind and had enough to go on to Hyderabad.The secret is to climb to 410 as early as possible.It has lovely handling characteristics as it is a straight wing.Fuel consumption is less than 1000lbs/engine above FL410.Great plane,good choice.Enjoy your flying.I would love to fly it again.
Vpg

itsbrokenagain
9th Feb 2013, 14:33
This airplane can climb to FL410 nonstop which only a few 40/50 million $ planes can do

huh... many under $10 mill planes can easily do this at MTOW. Learjet 45/60's can do FL450 in under 20 min in ISA + temps...a CL300 can do FL450 in 25 min easy too and with 6hrs of fuel in the tanks....