PDA

View Full Version : Air Nav on Ipag or Android

Kuchan
23rd Aug 2011, 16:50
I post here as I think most LAE has using Air Nav on PC/laptop to troubleshooting defects on Airbus.

Laptop on line maintenance is good but not ideal for my type of work.

Has any one run Air Nav on Ipag or Android without any problem?

Basset hound
23rd Aug 2011, 19:39
What's an "ipag"? Tried running Anav on my iPad, not successful. :rolleyes:

Fargoo
23rd Aug 2011, 20:37
Nope, it uses several plug-ins that only work on Internet Explorer at the moment.

I believe they are working on making it compatible for other operating systems but who knows when it'll be done.

mono
24th Aug 2011, 13:15
There are numerous tablet PC's out there that run windows and IE. Apple is not the be all and end all!

L#cky Strike
25th Aug 2011, 17:24
I've been using Air Nav Pro in Greece for the last month and am more than happy with it! It is being updated on an almost weekly basis and the ONC maps for the country are available free.

spannersatcx
25th Aug 2011, 19:35
I've been using Air Nav Pro in Greece for the last month and am more than happy with it! It is being updated on an almost weekly basis and the ONC maps for the country are available free.

Airnav the airbus maintenance manual software tool, I think you may be referring to some navigation type software!

flame_bringer
28th Aug 2011, 17:03
Nope no way to install it since airnav is made to be specially compatible with windows 7 or xp and I don't know of any ipad or iphon that uses windows.
I use a notebook at work it's small in size, cheap enough and can handle the airnav with ease (but be careful, never install lots of programs on these atom processor notebooks otherwise they become extremely slow).

grounded27
29th Aug 2011, 03:22
never install lots of programs on these atom processor notebooks otherwise they become extremely slow

A little off side but I have watched a large fleet of EFB's slow down drastically as they are being taxed by not only the OS and programmes but antivirus. Slick machines when we got them but operating like dinosaurs now. What a pisser, wish our company would have been above the tech learning curve that most consumers experience. Memory/processor speed /program demand, there is allways a bottle neck. Seems they loaded up massive antivirus that is the plague of any computer because they are are afraid of someone sticking in a USB drive with a virus.