PDA

View Full Version : C206 down on Lake Eyre - 6 POB

VH-XXX
23rd Aug 2011, 04:49
In news just in a Cessna 206 has just had a forced landing at Lake Eyre with 6 POB.

More info as it comes to hand....

VH-XXX
23rd Aug 2011, 05:24
All occupants safe and sound and are being flown back to base as I write this.

zappalin
23rd Aug 2011, 05:26
Good show, glad all on board are safe!

Desert Flower
23rd Aug 2011, 06:41
In news just in a Cessna 206 has just had a forced landing at Lake Eyre with 6 POB.

Most forced landings have a happy ending! Given the amount of aircraft up there I'm surprised more accidents/incidents don't occur. Things were pretty quiet for a few days after the helicopter crash though. Just starting to pick back up again.

DF.

Desert Flower
23rd Aug 2011, 06:47
From the Adelaide Advertiser:

SIX people are uninjured after a light-aircraft made an emergency landing at Lake Eyre this morning.

A chartered Cessna 206 from Marree lost power about 11.45am and the pilot successfully completed a forced landing, a spokesman for the Australian Transport Safety Bureau said.

The plane landed 84km north east of William Creek, on the west side of Lake Eyre, north east of Haligan Bay.

Two rescue helicopters that left from Marree have landed at the site and are expected to transport the plane passengers to William Creek.

The flight is believed to not be connected to the investigation of the helicopter crash last Thursday which killed ABC newsmen journalist Paul Lockyer, cameraman John Bean and pilot Gary Ticehurst.

The plane put down on wet and boggy ground.

DF.

Sunfish
23rd Aug 2011, 07:36
One of yours DF? Any landing you walk away from... Congrats to all.

VH-XXX
23rd Aug 2011, 07:40
The aircraft is "centrally" located Sunfish ;);) (join the dots)

thorn bird
23rd Aug 2011, 08:17
Well done that man..sorry "person", just what we train for..well done.
Unfortunately...
A wait for the aviation "Experts" to arrive and find reason to shut down another business.."Sigh"..Not again!! " Stop all these airplanes falling out of the sky".( Read??.. its endagering my election chances) , message from the straw minister ( Minister without a brain) to the screaming Skull, followed by a message to the Bk ex RAAF baggage handler " I dont care what it takes shut them down"

Jabawocky
23rd Aug 2011, 08:45
Well done that man..sorry "person", just what we train for..well done.

Yes........high probability it is a a SHE out there. Whoever... good work!:ok:

Kelly Slater
23rd Aug 2011, 09:11
Greg Porter from Central Air Services was just quoted on the News as saying the pilot "did what the pilots get the big bucks for". Has the scenic flying business changed?

RWD5
23rd Aug 2011, 09:26
:} hahahaha big bucks. got a link?

Desert Flower
23rd Aug 2011, 10:34
The aircraft is "centrally" located Sunfish ;);) (join the dots)

In that case the aircraft wasn't chartered from Marree - it would have originated from Rawnsley Park near Wilpena Pound. And I believe they have been training a female pilot in the last couple of days.

DF.

gregporter47
23rd Aug 2011, 20:31
I also said"he is a very experienced and professional Pilot, he did what he has been trained to do and did it well, no one was hurt, very soon he will be flying the big jets and"that's what the Pilots get the big bucks for"

Wallsofchina
23rd Aug 2011, 22:03
Good work Greg.

Kelly Slater
24th Aug 2011, 01:32
Seems then that Channel 7 edited out the bit about soon to be flying jets.

CFOT
25th Aug 2011, 11:08
Top stuff Greggo! :ok:

Great work to all involved!