PDA

View Full Version : SkiesConsultancy Real or fake?

am-rj-tbt
23rd Aug 2011, 04:40
Hello pilots out there.
I am a new guy and in the phase of searching for opportunities.
I have come across this new consultancy which has added me on face book.
Apparently they have a website and they claim to have line training with sweden air or something like that on the website.

They have both 320 and 737 line training
320 Sweden Air
737 Unkonwn...:{

I am here to ask reviews about this
Has anyone had experience with this consultancy
For i know they could be a bunch of jobless pilots who decided to con people and start a consultancy (just a thought)

www.SkiesConsultancy.com (http://www.skiesconsultancy.com)

this is their website and its a decent website...

Myself have a FAA and DGCA lic.. I dont support pay for flying job thing but i am curious as to what this thing holds.

flyhigh07
23rd Aug 2011, 05:27
very expensive

B737NG
23rd Aug 2011, 07:26
It is expensive to pay for work. You have to obtain a Type rating before and then you receive a company conversion and the line training.

In plain language that means: You have to have a Rating before you are able to receive a conversion to the Company standart. You work and you pay 35.000 € for that. Do you need to make the math´s new or is it clear to see that someone sucks money out of your pocket to flush it into some others.

You need a few sessions of Ground School, about 6 sessions of SIM for SOP and P/C, that is on the negative side of the balance sheet. When you have completed that part the coin changes, you start to use a TRI on line. You fly a certain amount of sectors with him but you are productive. After you have completed the Line training the balance sheet fills itself on the positive side.

It depends on the route structure the outfit has you can complete the 500 hrs as short as 6 months easily and then you are 35.000.--€ lighter on your or your relatives account and back into the same pool as before, 1000 hrs average and 500 hrs on type with the clock running, 90 days remains as currency for the 3/3 TO-LDG. You have a debt that summs 250.-- € per months for the interest and about 800.--€ reimbursement for around 4 years.

With that balance on Your sheet you become more vulnerable for any Job offer below the line, when I read: meals whilst on duty ! That means it is not Ryanair or Easyjet but on the bottom of the supply line and the care.

Ask yourself: Are you really willing to support the scambags in the Industry and lower the T&C´s further? When I started flying we got the Type Rating paid, the transportation and accommodation as well, in other words it was taken care of all from the moment you entered base until you leave again. Today it is a luxury to get that? Flying became too cheap, and now it is down to the crew level because when you sum it up from the past 5 years: Decreasing wages world wide and increasing fees for anything related to aviation such as: Medicals, checks, SIM´s and and and... everybody has the old days still in mind when Pilots had significant higher wages then other people, today a 30 year old investment banker make 3 times more then a 30 year old F/O in most Airlines.

In 6 Years and a few months I retire and when I look to my colleagues who are flying with me today I see some who fly just because of the merit not of the payscale anymore.

Fly safe and land happy

NG