PDA

View Full Version : QF pilots free endorsement for JQ

Crusty Demon
23rd Aug 2011, 01:55
Surely this is going to turn the JQ pilots against the Qantas ones who come over under the MOU.

tryhard1
23rd Aug 2011, 02:03
If its true, I'm sure this is another management ploy to create division amongst the ranks.

Perhaps they will pay your endorsement as part of your redundancy package? :hmm:

The Green Goblin
23rd Aug 2011, 02:15
Don't worry, Qantas international will be paying.

P.S

I hardly think that you can expect a Qantas Pilot to pay for a type rating after being forced to go to Jetstar after management pulled the capital expenditure form their airline.

I'd be frothing at the mouth if I were made to pay for a rating and go to Jetstar and take a pay cut in the process.

I'd also be pretty pissed being taught to fly an A320 by someone who has never flown it, while paying close to 40K for the privilege.

Think about it :ugh:

Centaurus
23rd Aug 2011, 02:25
I'd also be pretty pissed being taught to fly an A320 by someone who has never flown it, while paying close to 40K for the privilege.

Nice to have previous experience on type but certainly not essential. Happens all the time on the A380 and what about the Dreamliner when it finally arrives?

Artificial Horizon
23rd Aug 2011, 02:41
Green Goblin,

Don't forget none of these guys/girls are being 'forced' to come to Jetstar, they could go to Emirates, Qatar, China Southern, not to mention a heap of other contracts out there at the moment.

Tempo
23rd Aug 2011, 03:02
Don't forget none of these guys/girls are being 'forced' to come to Jetstar, they could go to Emirates, Qatar, China Southern, not to mention a heap of other contracts out there at the moment.

Mmmm.....I don't think so.

Those going over to JQ as a F/O probably don't have the experience to go to Qatar/EK/China etc. Those F/Os going over as Cpts under the MOU would not have the experience as a China Southern Cpt. And quite frankly, to FORCE guys over to the middle east rather than offer jobs and endorsements in THE QANTAS GROUP is outrageous. Not everyone want to live in the sandpit or overseas.

OneDotLow
23rd Aug 2011, 03:30
Qantas have weighed it up and this is cheaper than making pilots redundant. End of story.

34R
23rd Aug 2011, 03:43
Surely this is going to turn the JQ pilots against the Qantas ones who come over under the MOU.

Funniest thing I have read all day.....didn't think they needed a reason for that sentiment to continue.

Don't get too worried, as with all things orange, the cost wont be coming out of Jet*'s bottom line.

Bigboeingboy
23rd Aug 2011, 04:53
Yes QF will pay for Q pilots 320/330 endorsement for Jetstar. And yes Q pilots will be taking their rightful Q ghost numbers on the Jetstar pilot seniority list.
But wait there is more, Q pilots can return to a proper job once Jetstar collapses.

Motorola
23rd Aug 2011, 05:33
I'd be taking 6 months pay in lieu of redundancy notice and getting a job at Virgin etc.

Not sure there will be jobs to come back to in mainline in a year or two?

So whilst them paying for your endorsement sounds good now, it may not be best in long run.

Tidbinbilla
23rd Aug 2011, 06:55
Mention of this topic can be found here: http://www.pprune.org/dg-p-reporting-points/461487-qantas-jetstar-mou-possibilities.html

Feel free to continue there :)

TID