PDA

View Full Version : Airline Choose to JFK!

GReeK777
21st Aug 2011, 23:14
Hey guys, im new here (hope its the right section) and im kinda confused... i've been travel a lot to JFK and everytime i choose straight flights (only one time i took lufthansa but it was years ago). This year i have a few airlines on my mind to fly to JFK... my dream is to fly with 777! I need some help...... I am more close to Austrian and Lufthansa.

1) Austrian Airlines (boeing 777 sounds soo cool)
2) Lufthansa (A380 sounds good)
3) Swiss
4) TAP Air (to EWR & its the cheaper for the price)
5) Air France (heard bad reviews about CDG but theres 777 and A380)

Chuchinchow
21st Aug 2011, 23:47
And your question is what, precisely?

Hotel Tango
22nd Aug 2011, 09:06
Since you've already checked out all your options and you say that Austrian is "close" to you (don't quite know what you mean by that) - and that you want to fly on the Boeing B777, which they operate, the answer seems pretty straightforward to me.

Three Thousand Rule
22nd Aug 2011, 09:21
In my experience (and also it is a personal thing), the 777 is rather noiser and has more vibration than the 330/340.

I have not yet flown the 380, but the articles I have read sggest it is also smooth and quiet.

What class are you flying? Economy products tends to be similar, but business products do have some differences, e.g. I would choose the Swiss 333 over the Lufthansa 388, as the Swiss product has better seats for sleeping overnight.

VS-LHRCSA
22nd Aug 2011, 10:10
Economy on Austrian's 777 is 3-4-3, as is Air France which personally, I would avoid at all costs. Given the list you've stated, I would opt for Lufty's A380. I've flown QF's and really enjoyed it. Try to get the rear cabin if you can. You could always try BA, UA or AA if you really must fly the 777.

PAXboy
22nd Aug 2011, 12:19
Welcome aboard GReeK777 and fasten your seat belt!! :)

Pax Vobiscum
23rd Aug 2011, 20:21
From a purely practical viewpoint, I'd choose Newark over JFK. Immigration queues are (usually) shorter, travel to Manhattan is about the same and to most other local destinations significantly faster.

It sounds like you've had plenty of experience of JFK, so give EWR a try, you may just like it!

parabellum
23rd Aug 2011, 21:38
Have you considered Singapore Airlines out of Frankfurt?

GReeK777
21st Sep 2011, 23:22
after all searches i did (prices too)... im between Lufthansa A380 and AF A380! its hard to choose tho. I heard good things about lufty...... now as for EWR, iv been there the past few years, and i agree its fastest and quicker than JFK but this time i wanna go back to JFK. wish i could find to do combo with A380 and 777 like LH and OS (they partners as you all know) but cant.... I used to find some combos but not anymore.

thanks all!