PDA

View Full Version : ASIC Charges

YPJT
19th Aug 2011, 12:29
Some bad news folks.

Auscheck which is the office within the AG department that processes the security background checks has announced that the price is to rise by $20.00 from 01 Oct 2011. This will take the background cheicking component alone to $101 per application. If you get your renewal in, and the issuing body submits prior to that date then the cost should still be the same as before.

Don't blame the organisation that issues your ASIC, or Auscheck. These price rises are a direct result of increases being imposed by ASIO and Crim Trac.

Lasiorhinus
20th Aug 2011, 12:50
You're right, its not the fault of the issuing body.

It is, however, the fault of DOTARS that we have to get the bloody things in the first place.

jas24zzk
20th Aug 2011, 13:43
Here's an interesting one for you........as a non holder of an ASIC.

A few years back I was in alice as part as a PVT tour through the red centre. I'd been out, preflighted my a/c and gotten everything ready. some of our group decided to head off to tend 'council functions' so I decided that it might be good to get an extra drink and maybe an ice-cream pre-flight. I exited the GA area via the GA Access gate and attempted to enter the main terminal (the only area where there was a kisok) , which was security controlled. Now this pre-dated 9/11 by roughly twelve months. Do you think i could get through the security? NADA!!! every time i stepped through the machine...beep and i put something else in the box. In the end I gave up, collected my belongings and returned to my a/c via the GA access gate.

In this day of ASIC's would I have had more success getting through the security?

Cheers
Jas

PLovett
20th Aug 2011, 14:09
In this day of ASIC's would I have had more success getting through the security?

No :mad:

Slasher
20th Aug 2011, 14:37
That ASIC crap you got down there would have to be the
greatest ripoff I've heard to date. Serves no real purpose I
believe other than a money-grab to fill the bogan's coffers.

YPJT
20th Aug 2011, 15:32
Serves no real purpose I believe other than a money-grab to fill the bogan's coffers. Allegedly gets you some sort of discount at terminal cafes and handy for scraping frost off your windscreen in Canberra during colder months.

Lasiorhinus
21st Aug 2011, 04:27
Discounts are available at a lot of food outlets in airport terminals, but not, sadly, at Jandakot.

Also you get commission-free currency exchange, and free entry to certain licensed premises in Cairns.