PDA

View Full Version : How to convert my indian cpl (aeroplane)

danger440
18th Aug 2011, 18:52
Hello friends

i just wish to know that can i convert my indian cpl (aerolplane)
into the category of indian cpl (hot air balloon)
if yes ,
then what is the procedure and how many hours do i need to complete for the conversion apart from giving technical exam

help will pe really appreciated

danger440
2nd Sep 2011, 15:15
any one knows the requirements of a commercial pilots license of hot air balloon ....
??

Saint Jack
3rd Sep 2011, 03:27
danger440: If you're an "indian cpl (aerolplane)" holder then you will probably have heard of the Directorate General of Civil Aviation, you may know them simply as "the DGCA". This is the organisation that issued your licence and this is also the organisation you should direct any questions that you may have regarding 'conversions'. The DGCA has a very comprehensive web-site, Directorate General of Civil Aviation, Government of India (http://dgca.nic.in) , and this should be your first point of query, if you don't find what your looking for, use the 'contact' information to write/speak to them. It works for me. If you decide to write to them pay a little more attention to your spelling and grammer.

Finally, you'll get a better response to any India-related queries if you post on the 'South Asia and the Far East' thread.

Ankit Kotecha
5th Sep 2011, 06:05
@saint jack -

spelling correction : its "GRAMMAR" not grammEr.

Saint Jack
5th Sep 2011, 06:47
Ankit Kotecha: Indeed you're correct - many thanks for pointing it out.

danger440
24th Sep 2011, 19:17
thanx for replying @saint jack

but i have tried it and i have received no response from them

any other suggestions ?

Saint Jack
26th Sep 2011, 03:29
"...thanx for replying @saint jack

but i have tried it and i have received no response from them

any other suggestions ?..."

I did mention in my earlier reply that you to pay more attention to your spelling and grammar if you wrote to the DGCA. If your communication was any thing like your last post I probably wouldn't reply to you either. What you should have written was:

"...Thank you for replying Saint Jack. I have written to the DGCA but have received no response from them. Do you have any other suggestions?..."

As a CPL holder aspiring to greater things, you must not only look like a professional (the way you dress and your physical bearing), but you must also act professionally, this includes being able to communicate with people and organisations in a proper manner - no 'text speak'.

Now I suggest you determine the correct person in the DGCA to talk to and give him/her a phone call. Ensure you have all of your particulars at hand to answer the questions that will be asked. If the person you initially contact is not the right person, ask who is and their contacts. Failing this, the only thing to do is gather up all you data and go and pay them a visit.

t.a
26th Sep 2011, 11:02
well check you could figure out your answer from the official source i.e DGCA website in the section Civil aviation requirement (http://dgca.nic.in/rules/car-ind.htm) . I did't see any provision on CPL issued for balloons but there are provisions to issue it on Private pilot licences. the syllabus is here http://dgca.nic.in/cars/D7B-B3.pdf scroll to 2.3. but sorry mate never heard any one getting balloon license in the recent to help you out precisely. hope any flight schools in India could help you but unfortunately i don't know any flight schools that offer balloon training. Try discussing this issue with Ashutosh Vashisht of training and licensing from DGCA. if you don't get him on phone file an RTI with all your queries and they will be pleased to help you.

Saint Jack
27th Sep 2011, 01:34
danger440: Here's another way for you to try; you seem eager to get a hot-air ballon rating so I'm assuming you have an opportunity to enter this branch of aviation with a specific operator. If this is the case, ask them for their point-of-contact in the DGCA and follow that trail.

danger440
2nd Oct 2011, 09:51
Thank you @saint jack and @ t.a

i would pay more attention to the points you pointed out in future .

And i think visiting dgca would be the best option for my queries as there is very less information regarding hot air balloon on the forums and internet .

SmoothCriminal
3rd Oct 2011, 16:25
Are you seriously considering operating Hot Air Balloons in India ?!.,.,

danger440
11th Oct 2011, 19:57
there is very less awareness regarding the hot air balloon sight seeing in GUJRAT AND GOA.

i am in touch with some of them

so lets see how it goes