PDA

View Full Version : G-ATKZ

slam_dunk
3rd Aug 2001, 14:57
Hi, everybody

Does someone know if this registration G-ATKZ exists ?
The reason i ask, i have a very old "corgi" toy airplane with that registration (looks like a small homebuilt), and i'm wondering what model it is ?
Thanks !
Slam_dunk :D

Michael111
3rd Aug 2001, 15:29
Hello

Yes it does exist. It is a COBELAVIA TIPSY NIPPER T.66 SERIES 2 (whatever that may be). First registered 24/11/1965.

Michael

Yogi-Bear
3rd Aug 2001, 16:06
Geez. I remember that! Is it blue with white plastic wings combined with a clear canopy that together unclip from the fuse? If so it came on a low-loading trailer pulled by a LWB Landrover. (Don't know why). Good toy for an aviation minded kid. :D

Boss Raptor
3rd Aug 2001, 18:08
That brings back memories - I saved up pocket money to buy that one...blue landrover and trailer with orange plane with white plastic wings and LR has an orange cover/top...I always remember it was a Tipsy Nipper...think it even said this on a little badge on the aircraft?!

slam_dunk
3rd Aug 2001, 20:32
Thanks Guys !!

Boss Raptor is correct about the discription ! It is an orange plane with white (removable) wings. Only the plane survived, but on mine it doesn't have a badge on it (anymore?). Tipsy Nipper ! Funny name !
I looked on the net and came up with a couple of sites. This one is in English : http://meltingpot.fortunecity.com/clyde/808/nipper.html
Anyway, thanks a lot !!!
Slam_dunk :D :D :D Tipsy Nipper