PDA

View Full Version : Judges going soft on air rage?

crewmeal
18th Aug 2011, 04:42
I've just picked this up in UK Aiport news. Is this the start of judges going soft on air rage I wonder?

Drunk air rage passenger avoids jail because of flying fear : Manchester Airport News Stories (http://www.uk-airport-news.info/manchester-airport-news-170811.html)

EEngr
18th Aug 2011, 15:32
I don't know about going soft. If someone has a psychological problem, I don't see the need to punish them to the same degree one would a person with evil intent or a reckless disregard for others safety.

I'd hope that, in addition to the suspended sentence, the judge prohibits this person from flying until she completes treatment for her condition.

BlueTui
21st Aug 2011, 09:38
Fear of flying seems the standard plea with these cases, they can't all be frightened. If your frightened of something either overcome it or avoid it. I don't go near spiders or boats. It's always someone else's fault or "not mine" no one takes responsibility for their actions any more. This women should of had a custodial sentence, her actions are not consistent with someone fearful, she was calm and then she lashed out at strangers a 2nd time.

PAXboy
21st Aug 2011, 13:03
Fear of Flying is a strange defence. Since you KNOW that you are fearful in advance you MUST be responsible for all your actions. If you get drunk etc., then you did so. If you are that fearful - take the train.

Iain Wilson
23rd Aug 2011, 11:54
Its not fear of flying in most cases - its fear of leaving the bar at the airport that`s the problem.
Agree with poster who said ( IN THOSE FEW GENUINE CASES WHERE IT CAN BE PROVED ) that these people should be unable to fly until
their phobia is under control - by whatever means.

Three Thousand Rule
23rd Aug 2011, 12:59
She should be flogged, then hung, then flogged again and then hung again and then cut into 4 parts which should be stuck on spikes in the town centre and around the walls. Then flogged again.

Oh shucks, I thought I was posting on the Daily Hate site.

Chuchinchow
23rd Aug 2011, 16:53
She should be flogged, then hung, then flogged again and then hung again and then cut into 4 parts which should be stuck on spikes in the town centre and around the walls. Then flogged again.

Is that all? Boy, you HAVE gone soft in your old age!