PDA

View Full Version : Tech jobs in Brazil

SlimLonggood
17th Aug 2011, 21:18
Anybody out there have any insight on the maintenance market in Brazil?

It seems only inexperienced people are ever advertised for and nobody seems to take unsolicited applications seriously from experienced people??

alemaobaiano
18th Aug 2011, 13:33
There will be very limited opportunities for foreigners in the maintenance field, for a number of reasons.

First, how is your Portuguese? If it's less than fluent you have no chance.

Second, what licences do you have, and are you willing to convert them?

Next, where are you? The only way to break into any market here is by knocking on doors, unsolicited CVs don't work.

Do you have a work visa? Nobody is going to sponsor you, if you don't have a suitable visa you won't even get in the door.

What sort of salary are you looking for? Line maintenance is not well paid, so the question of why do you want to work here would come up.

Your best option would be to contact one of the manufacturers and try to get something in support of their sales efforts here, directly employed by that company. Some of the executive aircraft makers will supply maintenance support until local are trained up.

TTFN

SlimLonggood
10th Sep 2011, 19:40
I agree with you completely, or at least I did ten years ago but I have not had much luck there.
I have worked many years in large MRO's as tech rep as well as licensed engineer, but believe my main obstacle is that most of the jobs I can do best, require academic background in this country.
I am native and fluent, spent most of my life in Europe.

alemaobaiano
11th Sep 2011, 11:17
Academic qualifications can be credited in quite a few cases, it depends on where you were at the time you graduated.

The biggest problem is finding who is responsible for the equivalent course here. Typically the universities in Rio Grande do Sul have the most aviation related courses and recognise qualifications from many other countries. The tech college in Maua, SP can also convert some qualifications.

TTFN