PDA

View Full Version : Don't take the piss. Semper in excretum... !

Cacophonix
17th Aug 2011, 20:06
The news that the incorrigable Gerard Depardieu has been "caught short" on a flight to Dublin raises the question of liquids and flying. Caught between two swimming pools of Jet A and the corrosive piss taken by passengers like Depardieu where is aviation today?

http://travel.usatoday.com/flights/post/2011/08/urination-incident-in-europe/415598/1 (http://travel.usatoday.com/flights/post/2011/08/urination-incident-in-europe/415598/1)

I ask you! It is enough to make a man squash a pea!

Caco

G-CPTN
17th Aug 2011, 20:52
No news there then!

tony draper
17th Aug 2011, 20:55
Must have thought he was still in a Parisian Street.:rolleyes:

11Fan
17th Aug 2011, 20:56
or just trying to remain relevant...

ChrisVJ
17th Aug 2011, 21:32
As an oldie who is temporally challenged in the water works department I have a certain sympathy. It is one of my nightmares being stuck on a plane without the necessary access when it is needed. Does not necessarily excuse drunken excess.

I was surprised how many of the comments below the columns I read were sympathetic. I expected 10 to 1 against but they came up about five to one pro. Made me feel a bit better,

Now if you will just excuse me a moment. . . . . . . . . .

B Fraser
18th Aug 2011, 08:04
The shame of it.....

.... travelling on a low cost airline :eek:

Load Toad
18th Aug 2011, 08:58
Good job he was an actor - if he'd just been a member of the public Jet Blast regulars would have cut his c()ck off and chucked out of the 'plane (at cruise) & straight into gaol whilst blaming the left & liberals for the decline of civilisation.

He deserves slapping - some poor sod had to clean up his mess.

Capetonian
18th Aug 2011, 12:30
Todays' Torygraph has a somewhat kinder version of events .......... Gerard Depardieu 'sorry' to have urinated on plane carpet - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/8707789/Gerard-Depardieu-sorry-to-have-urinated-on-plane-carpet.html) but anyway, he's sorry, so it's all OK.

ross_M
18th Aug 2011, 14:14
urgency to pee needs to be recognized as a legitimate emergency.....

ehwatezedoing
18th Aug 2011, 14:28
It's also saying on the BBC that he actually used a bottle to pee in it.
If true, the big mess on the carpet is probably only a few droplets not aimed right....Or an overflow :p

I've been guilty of witnessing this kind of thing in an airport terminal and doing absolutely nothing about it.
It was an old man sitting on one of those super uncomfortable plastic chair waiting for his flight. At some point he stood up and everybody could see that he had left a standing pool of what could only be urine in the chair. :uhoh:

The thing slowly dried up.
To the point that someone oblivious to it sat in the chair again while everybody else, me included, said nothing besides adopting this yuck face for a few seconds.

It didn't make the news though....

Cacophonix
18th Aug 2011, 14:29
Human performance factors in flight.

Anbody remember David Niven's description of his urgent need to micturate in a bottle during a dinner in the officer's mess?

onetrack
18th Aug 2011, 14:30
I wonder how long it will be before pax are breathalysed before boarding? All in the name of "improved safety, and the comfort of other pax".
Depardieu certainly sets a case for it to be implemented. Can you imagine the costs associated with the abort scenario?
All because he was basically too drunk to fly, even as SLF. One hopes he gets the bill for the abort (plus the cleaning).

Capetonian
18th Aug 2011, 15:15
The BBC have hit rock bottom

Depardieu has 'oui' problem on Dublin-bound flight

sitigeltfel
18th Aug 2011, 15:32
I wonder how long it will be before pax are breathalysed before boarding?

Not much use when it seems to be the policy of some airlines to ply pax with expensive booze, in the pursuit of profit.

Mr Grimsdale
18th Aug 2011, 16:25

Quote:

Looks like they're employing some of those News Of The World journalists they were harping on about a few weeks ago.

Mike X
18th Aug 2011, 17:32

Quote:

I blame the fFrench.

Anyone know if his todger is bigger than his nose ?