PDA

View Full Version : CPL licence issue and SEP Rating

Tigerdriver2006
17th Aug 2011, 15:48
Was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to shed some light on the following matter:

The SEP Rating on my PPL expires in about a month's time, but, unfortunately, there's no way I can afford to get in the necessary hours and bi-yearly renewal flight before then. However, back in March of this year I passed the CPL skills test but (owing to financial hardship) have not been in a position to send off the paperwork to the CAA and get my CPL issued - until now. My question is, if I send off the CPL paperwork now will the SEP Rating be automatically revalidated when my CPL is issued? If not, will I have to do a revalidation flight with an examiner?

Any advice would be most gratefully received!

blagger
17th Aug 2011, 15:54
Your CPL examiner should have renewed your SEP on your ratings page on the day (presuming you did your CPL test in an SEP?)

Tigerdriver2006
17th Aug 2011, 18:55
Alas, my examiner did not do this. Can I get it signed off retrospectively, perhaps?

rmcb
17th Aug 2011, 21:38
Write to your examiner explaining the situation. Enclose a SAE, copy of the FCL172 and your 'type validity rating' page. I am sure he/she will understand and will sign and send it by return.

Be aware that you cannot fly PIC without the type validity rating page alongside your license, so while it is away, you are hobbled.

That is what my examiner did, at any rate. Splendid chap!

VJW
18th Aug 2011, 00:02
If he can't/won't do it. Just pay the CAA an extra £80 odd to do it. It'll suck, but its cheaper then doing a whole new test in an aircraft just so the examiner can sign it straight away.

Tigerdriver2006
10th Sep 2011, 16:00
Thanks to everyone for such helpful information. Don't understand why the CAA would renew the SEP for £80, though. Surely I would still need at least a proficency check with an examiner, since I haven't managed six P1 hours in the last six months. Please could somebody explain?