PDA

View Full Version : Very peculiar problem.

KBPsen
17th Aug 2011, 14:35
A very peculiar problem have developed in the last day or so.

When trying to select links and click on them, some work, some do not, some only when placing the pointer at the very bottom or top, or the very right or left of the link.

There seems to be no system or logic behind which work and which doesn't. It is confined to no particular website. It appeared out of nowhere and I had done no changes to the system or updates of any kind before. I have since tried updating to FF 6.0 but that didn't help. Neither did a full systems scan for malware find anything.

I am using Vista, and was using FF 5.0, now 6.0.

If anybody has any ideas of what might be the cause and what might be done about it, I would be grateful.

gungadin
17th Aug 2011, 14:56
Same problem here using Firefox 3.6.20. Internet explorer seems to work,

PEI_3721
17th Aug 2011, 15:54
Perhaps a related problem; last day or two, and particularly (uniquely) with Pprune.
Main page opens albeit slowly, but none of the linked pages will open in tabs.
Running Windows SP; Firefox V5 and also a problem with IE. Norton360, ZoneAlarm.
Other web sites appeared to be OK.
However some web pages on IE appeared to have been hacked with adds from ‘clickserve2.sitescout.com’ I didn’t investigate further!
Shutdown, reboot and scan, no problems found and the origional issue has disappeared overnight.

Capetonian
17th Aug 2011, 16:00
Been getting this most of the time on Pprune in the last two weeks. Seems to be better now with better internet speeds.

Gateway Timeout
The following error occurred:
[code=GATEWAY_TIMEOUT] A gateway timeout occurred. The server is unreachable. Retry the request.

Please contact the administrator.

KBPsen
17th Aug 2011, 17:24
As I said in the opening post, this is not confined to any particular website. This is not about any problems specific to PPRuNe. I would appreciate if we could stay on topic and not go off on a tangent already.

I've tried IE9 and the problem is still there, so it does not appear to be browser specific.