PDA

View Full Version : RTR KOLAKATA ATTEMPT 2011

flyhigh27
17th Aug 2011, 11:55
Hey guys...
any one having RT exam kolkata attempt on 23rd august...
please lemme know...I need urgent help.

will really appreciate

thanks

flyhigh27
17th Aug 2011, 14:47
hey... is anyone appearing for both part 1 n 2....
or has neone got a date for RT PART 1 only before 8th sept...
please let me know

sonsal
17th Aug 2011, 15:04
what urgent help you want?

flyhigh27
17th Aug 2011, 15:11
I filled the form for RTR part 1..but while filling the online application somehow i missed the selection of part 1 or full n now I have got a date for RTR FULL.

whereas at all the places on the application form i filled for part 1 only...

when i took the print out of the acknowledgment, n realized my mistake, i called wpc kolkata n confirmed,they asked me to mention the correct thing on the form n it shall be fine.

But I got the date for full rather than just part 1.

flyhigh27
17th Aug 2011, 15:14
I called up RLO KOLKATA today again after seeing the roll no. They have asked me to fax a written request on 23rd n that it may be changed n they will call n inform.

Knowing how the systems work, I preferred someone present over there to confirm it for me...n if possible get it in writing.

this attempt is really v imp, else my license will expire...

sonsal
17th Aug 2011, 16:36
Just go to their office in person and it should be fine, if you cannot go then just do what they said and i know the WPC kolkata guys are nice and helpful and they will do the needful for sure. Dont worry....

00saurabh00
19th Aug 2011, 12:31
Hey
I have applied for FULL and this is my first time.
what happens when I clear the part 1 , does the part 2 happen on same day or it happens on the 2nd day.
i am from delhi, Should i make arrangements to stay there for an extra day

flyhigh27
19th Aug 2011, 14:40
Sorry,Have no idea about RTR full. but can u please tell me when is your exam!!!

00saurabh00
20th Aug 2011, 02:29
mine is on 01/09

nitin 3000
20th Aug 2011, 06:56
Anyone having SJ singh's number who takes RT classes in delhi.

kush3370
20th Aug 2011, 10:25
@Saurabh

yes, if you are appearing for full RT exam, then your part-2 will be taken on the same day provided you clear the part-1.....in some exceptional circumtances, they had have taken it on the 2nd day in the past...but that happens once in a while..you are 99% likely to appear on the same day for both the parts....

All the best...

dragstar
21st Aug 2011, 10:47
Hey anyone taking Part 1 on the 9th in Kolkata??
and has anyone taken classes from MK Singh in the recent past?? Would really appreciate if you can email me his latest notes. PM me. Thanks

novembercharlie
23rd Aug 2011, 13:52
guys any idea what type of questions they are asking this time?? everytime they change something or the other..

00saurabh00
29th Aug 2011, 03:07
@kush3370

thnx a lot mate....

PA-34
1st Sep 2011, 17:16
Hi Friends,
Can any one advice me if there are books available at English book store which would be good for preparing for part-1 rtr exam.
Thanks

sonsal
8th Sep 2011, 20:00
have you ever cared to check out the form completely and its instruction before asking here?
your answers are on it....

aadityaslg
9th Sep 2011, 07:40
Sorry, my bad..

I did not check the "hard copy application" form when I posted the question,
I was looking at the online application.

sbflyingangel
9th Sep 2011, 12:04
When the results for the kolkata rt exam will be out..usually how much time do they take??nebody...:\

cyrilroy21
12th Sep 2011, 08:45
@sbflyingangel

Make sure you apply for the next attempt as the results of the previous attempt is usually published after the last date for application for the next attempt is over :ugh:

Dont wait for the results to come out as by then it will be too late to apply for the Delhi attempt
The application window is now open

sbflyingangel
21st Sep 2011, 11:49
@cyrilroy

Thanks a lot for your guidance.:)
I don't need to apply for Delhi attempt anymore..i cleared in kolkata attempt:ok:

I have one doubt..my RTR(A) is still valid till november and as i will be applying for renewal..will it be renewed for 20 years only??...can't i get it renewed for lifetime validity??

I don't have the required 30 hours logged in the preceeding 3 years..but i have my proper indian RTR(A)..am i not eligible to renew it for lifetime validity??:sad:

Please guide.

cyrilroy21
21st Sep 2011, 11:59
Congrats :D

Assuming you passed both part 1 and part 2 just fill out the annexure 1 A form with a DD for 10,000 rupees . The number given to the right of your name is your new license number .

Then just apply for the new license and forget about the old one :E

By the way did you attend M K Singhs class ? If you did how was it ?

sbflyingangel
21st Sep 2011, 13:09
thanks!!!

I appeared for part 1 only..But that was what i was told by the WPC people only..:confused:..now what??so does that mean that my RTR(a) can"t be renewed for lifetime??:sad:

Yeah i did attended M K Singh classes....they were good...and it really helped..Thanks for suggesting:ok:

and yeah u were right his favourite question is defination of altitude and flight level;)..and he is bit rude and abusive at times..:ouch:..but overall if you concentrate on what he teaches and work hard..and ignore his rudeness..his classes surely helps:)

cyrilroy21
21st Sep 2011, 13:26
Well if you look at the following circular Item number 5

http://www.wpc.dot.gov.in/DocFiles/copcircular1.jpg

It states that you can renew your existing RTR ( A ) license for 20 years or for lifetime [ I believe you have an RTR ( A) and not an RTR ( P ) or RTR ( C ) ]

One of the criteria is operating an aero mobile service or an aero mobile station for atleast 30 hours ( it dosent say within 3 years )
OR
Satisfy the central govt by re-examination which i believe is what you just now did

Since you meet the above two criteria you shouldnt be having any problems getting a license for lifetime validity

spicy
21st Sep 2011, 17:30
@cyrilroy21 (http://www.pprune.org/members/180855-cyrilroy21) & others

I gave only part 1 and have passed this attempt! :O

Now, I have Canadian RT (which is valid for lifetime)!

on that I had got RTR (Permit) in 2007 which was expired in may 2011.

therefore, I gave part-1 and now i've successfully passed.

now what should I do? should I pay 5k or 10k?

Canadian RT is valid for lifetime, so if I pay 10K will i get life time validity?

or should I pay 5k for 20 yrs ka validity?

please help!!:rolleyes:

cyrilroy21
21st Sep 2011, 17:42
RTR ( P ) and RTR ( C ) are not issued lifetime validity ( to the best of my knowledge , i could be wrong )

Only RTR (A) is given lifetime validity . To get an RTR ( A ) you have to pass both part 1 and part 2 .

If you read item number 6 in link below you can understand what I mean by the above two statements

http://www.wpc.dot.gov.in/DocFiles/copcircular1.jpg

However if you look at the result page you can see a form called 'Undertaking' . I think using this form ( especially the second option ) you might get an RT license with lifetime validity .

To 100% clear your doubts i would suggest you call up the WPC with your queries .
The Telephone numbers are given on the result page

indiaviator
21st Sep 2011, 18:27
hi guys i have applied for delhi rt exam....looking for rt teachers.....ny body heard bout vijay kasturi sir ...????

want his no for d classes...

Johny Boy
21st Sep 2011, 22:02
Lifetime validity is given only when Part 1& 2 are cleared ( Indian RT issued on clearing both part's ).

Part 1 will only get RTR(C) and validity depends on Foreign FRTOL ,in Canadian FRTOL its lifetime but WPC will issue max of 20 years ( Earlier they issued for 5 years only ).

@ aadhar255

I know Kasturi ( Sir ) from the days of his initial flying training & constant effort of clearing RT exams in numerous attempts along with his DGCA Regulation exam's which somehow he cleared in special attempt after 9 sittings.Why don't you try Mk Singh or Shukla in Delhi.....they are seasoned Instructors and charge reasonable fee's though Singh's class might be short abrasive and Shukla's might be lengthy one.

Anyways you can get hold of Kasturi near DGCA's Reception Gate on any Monday or Friday.He wears mustache and walks like a Bodybuilder though he is slim like a stick.( He is always outside DGCA waiting for someone or something :p:p )

spicy
22nd Sep 2011, 03:47
@cyrilroy21&Johny boy-

Appriciate your help, I'll pay 5k and settle for 20 years ka RT:ok:

highpilot121
23rd Sep 2011, 06:09
@ Johny Boy,

whoever ur.... an alien from moon...... I also know this so called Vijay Kasturi right from the initial days of his training..... dont know wats between u n him, the way u have answered to aadhar255 shows wat a jerk ur!!!!!!!!!

plz dont speak when u dont have the exact info..... abt his exams.... You said 9 attempts for his regs. paper..... were you there with him in all d attempts to see n check his roll no.??? then hats off 2 u also..... he has scored 96 in regs n cleared Nav n met in his first shot even before he came for his flying.....

why didn't u mention abt his flying? he's 1 among the best in the school.... dont wanna mention the school's name as u also know that.....

reg. DGCA reception.... to find him..... I'm working for a pvt company for the past 16 months as PRO n visiting DGCA is in ma daily routine.....I might have seen him hardly twice or thrice there inside DMS....

dont understand y people like you make such cheap comments abt any 1 on a public site like this.... shame on you man........ if ur also a flyer then behave like 1.....

i can tel more abt him... but its ma mistake trying to bring sense in a nonsense like you......

god save people like you.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Johny Boy
23rd Sep 2011, 07:36
Highpilot121

Before charging your gun's on me , go and spend some good money of quality english teacher and stop using SMS lingo on forum.If you are working PRO for an Private company or Govt. company then you might know to converse with proper flow of words but age displayed on your profile says you are 22 yields if you are like this now then how good you might have been back in training days by being a 17-18 year old kid who goes awe of others by mere listening to gossip or boasts.

As for Kasturi, i have no hard or bad feelings for him....or for that matter for anyone.Its not hard to find out exact number of attempts by just looking at admit list for exams when many of the known persons sit for exam before indulging in some light casual chats and way back from 2006 -2008 it was damn easy to check on someone if they happen to sit for special exams more than regular ones.

Sure he got 96 and studied hard for it ...its commendable isn't it how a 96 pointer guy fails so many regular attempts of Regulation and then some ho clears it in special exam after taking few of those when reminded by CEO of DGCA examination that " Bring desire and fire in belly ".

Yes he might be best among group of kids trying to learn from a world famous " Best school " which has questionable history of encouraging trainee's to go for PADDED log's.Enough said about that....

Truth hurts when some lame person who had troubles of clearing exams of different establishments becomes INSTRUCTORS when they themselves have questionable identities along with highly dubious past profile...be it working or as a trainee.

Sure you can tell more about him or anyone if you like but truth deserves its own space which some how kids like you with lack on knowledge and basic education will never accept the fact.

Ohh by the way i am also flyer who works for charter company flying B200 for them with TT of more than what you can ever pad up in those color full charts of best school.

indiaviator
24th Sep 2011, 18:46
@ Johny Boy,

Can i get Sj Singh M k Singh Mr Jhala's notes . If u could help me with that also . Anyone notes would do . The latest ones . Heard they changed the format this time . They ask SID and ILS now.

thanks a lot

Johny Boy
24th Sep 2011, 19:48
Aadhar

Old notes of any Instructor will be enough, you just need to read instructions from STAR/SID charts that they will instruct you to follow as ATS Route or Fix....

SID/STAR's chart only come in 2 type of set but never will both be asked in same exam....

Type 1 : ATC clearance & Show compilance.

Pilot- Ask for ATC clearance for Departure/Arrival or Route change due to external factors.
Controller - Will provide chart depending upon type of question ( Dep/Arrival/ATS route)
Pilot- Read back Controller's instructions and then show compliance with controller by reading back all the instructions given in charts one by one after each step of flight while controller will acknowledge pilot's sent message.

Type 2 : Urgency

Pilot - Pilot is provided a chart and urgency/emergency situation.You need to again read back your urgency/emergency call with reference to the Chart provided.
Controller - He will acknowledge your call and if needed will provide further instructions.

You do not need any special preparation for RT exam if you have done RT during Instrument flying.
This time in Kolkata on Sep 6 exam date ,my friend didn't got any SID / STAR or any other Instrument chart.
May be they have again changed the pattern for Part 1.:*

dragstar
5th Oct 2011, 18:07
Hey, I cleared the Part1 Kolkata attempt in Sept.
Sent my Rs 5k DD with the annexure 1 and other documents.
Anyone any info on how long do they take to endorse and send the licence?

airbuswala
6th Oct 2011, 03:07
3-4 months!!:rolleyes:

sbflyingangel
6th Oct 2011, 05:42
Well I don"t think they take 3-4 months to send the license..If all The documents required by them have been submitted..than within a month you will get your licence at your home address.........That's what i have been told by the WPC people...in the mean while you can call them and check what's the status of your licence..:ok:

sudeep6258
26th Oct 2011, 21:05
Hey,
I am truly sorry if this seems out of context or off-topic but does anybody remember the short hand for doing most of the questions? Most of the tutors tell it so if anyone can tell me the short hand I'd be grateful for the same

dragstar
27th Oct 2011, 06:55
@sudeep6258

its available on the wpc website. not really short hand, but recommended abbreviations.

dragstar
17th Nov 2011, 19:49
anyone who cleared Part 1 in Kolkata sept attempt got their RTR licence from WPC?

I've spoken to them twice on the phone and every time they say 'next week'.

Its been over 45 days, any update would be appreciated.