PDA

View Full Version : Lets eat the poor.

BarbiesBoyfriend
17th Aug 2011, 02:04
Face it folks.

The poor have always been with us, as Jesus said.

Now that things are getting a bit tight and the poor a bit stroppy, surely it's about time that we rich folks put two and two together?

There's protein in those poor people and what's more, we won't have to pay their dreadful 'benefit'!:rolleyes:

It's a win win!

Even if you you don't fancy them yourselves, your cat (or dogs) could have them! ...or mine

Think of the savings!

Taxes DOWN.

food bills DOWN

Road traffic DOWN ...a bit

Pet food bills DOWN...a wee bit

Rioting in Engerland ( Erm but not Wales or Scotland which are uneffected) down a bit.

The poor ought to be turned into pies.

I think most of them wouldn't even notice and we'd all be much happier.

:)

It would be for the safety of everyone.

(except those actually eaten, of course)

Matari
17th Aug 2011, 02:20
Swift would claim plagiarism.

MountainBear
17th Aug 2011, 02:33
Swift would claim plagiarism.

In all fairness Swift (http://art-bin.com/art/omodest.html) did not suggest that all the poor be eaten, only poor children. That is what made his proposal modest.

Slasher
17th Aug 2011, 02:35
Yeh I wouldn't mind a few wafers of Soylent Green with some
nice English marmalade for brekky.

tinpis
17th Aug 2011, 02:49
Not clowns though, they taste funny

tish.....boom! http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/drumroll.gif

troppo
17th Aug 2011, 04:09
The rich do not need to eat the poor or else they would not be rich.
I would never eat the poor. Poverty is associated with disease and I would rather not polute my body with poor people's medical problems. They can eat each other though to create a richer society.

If you're poor, good looking and female maybe we can come to an arrangment on the protein exchange and value proposition though :E

rh200
17th Aug 2011, 04:24
This thread is in bad taste:E

arcniz
17th Aug 2011, 05:22
One finds this all to be in rather poor taste. Some garnish, perhaps, would help - a bit of spice perchance?

Just because one is dining on the cheap does not mean the results cannot be made quite pleasant by appropriate choices of condiments and a sweet/spicy dish or two on the side.

crippen
17th Aug 2011, 05:46
Are people Kosher?

Will they be killed Halal style?

I think we should be told.:p

waveskimmer
17th Aug 2011, 06:01
B B

Shades of soylent green eh!? :E

Slasher
17th Aug 2011, 06:18
Yeh I wouldn't mind a few wafers of Soylent Green with some
nice English marmalade for brekky.

Shades of soylent green eh!?

Why is there always a bloody echo in JB even on the same page? :ugh:

rh200
17th Aug 2011, 06:22
Will they be killed Halal style?

Don't people taste like chicken? if so should be on the approved list as long as they are dispatched correctly. Though after the live export debarcle they would need to be stunned first and kept in good conditions. I also would think they would need to be free range.

MountainBear
17th Aug 2011, 06:55
Don't people taste like chicken? if so should be on the approved list as long as they are dispatched correctly. Though after the live export debarcle they would need to be stunned first and kept in good conditions. I also would think they would need to be free range.

Wasn't Amy Winehouse a free range chicken?

tony draper
17th Aug 2011, 06:58
A Chav in every Pot? has a ring to it.:rolleyes:

Lon More
17th Aug 2011, 07:06
Long Pig anyone?

a thunk just occured. Would people be like eggs? Many people reckon the ones with brown shells taste much better.
Anyway; some blokes here have been probably been eating female flesh for years.;)

stuckgear
17th Aug 2011, 07:08
we're going to need some vegatables too.

Lon More
17th Aug 2011, 07:13
we're going to need some vegatables too.

Quote from Spitting Image, M. Thatcher and her cabinet in a restaurant.
Waiter - "What about the vegetables?"
Thatcher - "They'll have the same as me."

Many a true story told in gest.

Cacophonix
17th Aug 2011, 07:31
People who eat people are .... cannibals!

How are you feeling Captain?

Monty Python's Flying Circus: Just the Words - Episode 26 (http://www.ibras.dk/montypython/episode26.htm#16)

Second Sailor We can't hold out much longer.
Fifth Sailor Listen ... chaps ... there's one last chance. I'm done for, I've got a gammy leg, I'm going fast, I'll never get through ... but ... some of you might ... so you'd better eat me.
First Sailor Eat you, sir?
Fifth Sailor Yes. Eat me.
Second Sailor Uuuuggghhh! With a gammy leg?
Fifth Sailor You don't have to eat the leg, Thompson, there's still plenty of good meat ... look at that arm.
Third Sailor It's not just the leg, sir.
Fifth Sailor What do you mean?
Third Sailor Well, sir ... it's just that ...
Fifth Sailor Why don't you want to eat me?
Third Sailor I'd rather eat Johnson, sir

ShyTorque
17th Aug 2011, 08:41
Surely it's more environmentally / carbon footprint friendly to eat the fattest ones first? Think of the resources they have already tied up in there.

Mind you, I'd obviously ask them to have a bath first.

Tankertrashnav
17th Aug 2011, 09:24
By Prune standards I've worked out I'm pretty poor

Quite fat.

Shower every morning.

So how do you want me Shy Torque, roast, grilled or boiled? ;)

Storminnorm
17th Aug 2011, 09:32
Jack Sprat had the right idea.
Wouldn't eat FAT!!!
But watch out for Mrs Sprat!!!

ShyTorque
17th Aug 2011, 09:44
TankertrashNav, trouble is, I might be fatter than you! :p

Slasher
17th Aug 2011, 09:49
Would a nice tartare go well with fried Tankertrash and chips?

OFSO
17th Aug 2011, 11:11
That great writer J P Donleavy said you should always sit next to a comely lass on a flight in case you crash in the Andes and need some delicious comestables to nibble on while awaiting rescue.

Rengineer
17th Aug 2011, 11:55
I prefer the Rich aromes... :}

MOTORHEAD - EAT THE RICH LYRICS (http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Eat-The-Rich-lyrics-Motorhead/0DCDA9B89363503C48256C55000D0925)

stuckgear
17th Aug 2011, 12:09
TTN,

You're a Ppruner so exempt from the eatin'.

BarbiesBoyfriend
17th Aug 2011, 21:30
I've not read 'Soylent Green', just seen the film. I thought everyone got the chop at a certain age though in that movie?

I just think some of the low life have a value attached to their lives by society, that greatly exceeds their actual value to society.

We eat cattle, why not feed our cats on Chavs? :uhoh:

11Fan
17th Aug 2011, 21:37
why not feed our cats on Chavs?

Or just set the cats on em......

http://old.tehrantimes.com/News/10968/09_TIGERS.jpg

ChristiaanJ
17th Aug 2011, 21:47
Reminds me of a Robert Heinlein story....
Anybody else?

CJ

Worrals in the wilds
18th Aug 2011, 05:11
Ask and ye shall receive. "May or may not be really made of people". :eek:
http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/frontsquare/e9aa_soylent_green_crackers.jpg
ThinkGeek :: Soylent Green Crackers (http://www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine/wacky-edibles/e9aa/)

Jetex_Jim
18th Aug 2011, 06:35
Mods, shouldn't this thread be merged with UK-riots?

Slasher
18th Aug 2011, 08:17
Nah. This is about eating the poor, not beating the shit out of 'em.

Lon More
18th Aug 2011, 08:22
Can this be extended to include the poor in spirit?
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Observer/Pix/pictures/2011/2/18/1298051109410/Prime-Ministers-Questions-007.jpg

stuckgear
18th Aug 2011, 08:28
Can this be extended to include the poor in spirit?
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Observer/Pix/pictures/2011/2/18/1298051109410/Prime-Ministers-Questions-007.jpg

William Hague could never be classed as poor in spirit and Clegg, well that would be like eating a clog.

mtoroshanga
18th Aug 2011, 12:31
Something along these lines could solve the overcrowded prison problem as well as the famine in Africa. I seem to remember that the Balubas in the old Congo liked a nice bit of long pig roasted over a slow fire.

OFSO
18th Aug 2011, 13:39
Reminds me of a Robert Heinlein story....

Thought I had them all but can't think which one, CJ ?

My cleaning lady is poor (and young and attractive), may I eat her ?

Jetex_Jim
18th Aug 2011, 14:11
What Heinlein? Farnhams Freehold

The basic situation is this: A suburban Colorado family, with their house guest and their black servant, take refuge in a bomb shelter when a nuclear war begins. There is a massive impact and they come out in a pastoral land with a near-tropical climate, despite having the same terrain features as present-day Colorado, which thoroughly confuses Heinlein's characters.
Halfway through the book, they are discovered by the land's inhabitants, a technologically advanced black society that maintains the area as a wilderness preserve. This society holds whites as slaves; indeed, it actually views them as a different species, less than fully human, and uses them as meat animals though it also uses them as sexual partners. Its rulers are not even sadistic brutes; they are calmly certain that they are giving the best possible care for their human domesticated animals. The scenario is one to awaken the worst fears of a paranoiac white racist. To add to the anxiety, the black rulers are Muslims, in a novel written when the Black Muslims were a newly visible movement in American society.

There's also a touch of it in Stranger in a Strange land

MagnusP
18th Aug 2011, 14:13
and uses them as meat animals though it also uses them as sexual partners.

A bit like Wales, then?

scruggs
18th Aug 2011, 14:16
gZzXWrW-_Ps

OFSO
18th Aug 2011, 14:28
Stranger in a Strange Land, have both revisions. Always wondered why some nutters in California started a church based on the Martian language/philosophy. I would have thought the Fosterites a more practical basis for a church (and a hell of a lot more fun). Grok ?

But if we are going to cite cannibalism forming part of religious services, I do believe the Catholic church does this in symbolic form.

shedhead
18th Aug 2011, 14:42
plenty to go round here (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/8708648/Obese-mother-in-quest-to-become-worlds-fattest-woman.html)
Caution advised, not for the faint hearted.

Storminnorm
18th Aug 2011, 14:57
The Christian church does it in symbolic form.
Not just the Catholics.

Bread and Wine perhaps?

Lon More
18th Aug 2011, 15:22
Magnus beat me to it again!!

Lon More
18th Aug 2011, 15:29
William Hague could never be classed as poor in spirit The Mekon? Living proof of alien abduction.
http://davidsudworth.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/william-hague.jpg http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y204/Badyin/ScreenShot012-1.jpg

MountainBear
18th Aug 2011, 15:41
The Christian church does it in symbolic form.
Not just the Catholics.

But if we are going to cite cannibalism forming part of religious services, I do believe the Catholic church does this in symbolic form.

On a serious side note:

Properly speaking cannibalism is the eating of another member of the same species who does not or cannot consent. The voluntariness of the of the act is what distinguishes it from altruism. The Christian rite is symbolic of a charity to which both parties must consent to be valid.

Tankertrashnav
18th Aug 2011, 16:01
I do believe the Catholic church does this in symbolic form.

Not quite true. One of the major differences between the Roman Catholic church and other Christian churches is the doctrine of transubstantiation. Put simply, a Catholic believes (or should believe) that the bread and wine transform into the actual flesh and blood of Christ, whereas the other churches say that the Eucharist is a symbolic representation of Christ's body.

Personally it was always beyond me, and I haven't been to communion since 1964 anyway, but I believe the doctine still holds.

MountainBear
18th Aug 2011, 17:07
One of the major differences between the Roman Catholic church and other Christian churches is the doctrine of transubstantiation. Put simply, a Catholic believes (or should believe) that the bread and wine transform into the actual flesh and blood of Christ, whereas the other churches say that the Eucharist is a symbolic representation of Christ's body.

Martin Luther did believe in transubstantiation. His disagreement with the RCC was over what the union in the sacrament represented. It's difficult to talk about such issue without specific definitions of what words such as "symbol," "sign," and "representation" mean. Let's not derail a perfectly good thread with theology. :}

ChristiaanJ
18th Aug 2011, 17:32
Let's not derail a perfectly good thread with theology. :}I agree.
We'd better all invest in McDonald's and similar.... to ensure our food suply in the near future.
How much longer, before they have "long pig" spare ribs on the menu?

CJ

Slasher
19th Aug 2011, 05:20
plenty to go round here
Caution advised, not for the faint hearted.

Jesus shedhead I'm going to have nightmares for a week! http://serve.mysmiley.net/scared/scared0014.gif

Solid Rust Twotter
19th Aug 2011, 06:25
Took a peek inside a smokehouse in a village in the DRC. Couple of human limbs in there leads one to believe it's still pretty common in those parts, notwithstanding the UN observers who got eaten near Bunia around 2001 or so.

Figured my lardy mzungu tail would have made a good main course so got the flock out of there at high speed.:ooh: