PDA

View Full Version : Staying in Jakarta

boogie-nicey
14th Aug 2011, 13:20
Is there anyone who can give me an insiders guide to accomodation in Jakarta? I have been trawling through the internet to do some basic research but seem to come across quite expensive to very expensive, surely the amounts can't be quite that high? What about general transportation is that reliable or something I should perhaps give a miss.

I appreciate your help in the matter, have a nice day!

NorthernGoose
14th Aug 2011, 15:52
Depending on where you are I can suggest a few place for under 3 million rupiah per month. Let me know

aseanaero
16th Aug 2011, 16:30
I pay 4 million a month for a 5 bedroom house 10 mins from Halim airport , the cheap houses aren't on the internet. You've got to search for them

boogie-nicey
18th Aug 2011, 00:21
Wow, 5 bedroom house for 4 million, now that's what I would call a deal. Clearly the best plaes are not to be found on the internet, I guess they are attempts to capture those unsuspecting tourist/business traveller.

I shall try and look into that thank you!

gerpols
18th Aug 2011, 10:46
If living and working in Jakarta, any chance of finding a nice beach, within one hour taxi drive ?
Life is there to enjoy.....right !!:ok:

theNew1
20th Aug 2011, 22:22
When the city is congested it may already take you a few hours to cross the city. Personally I would prefer taking a 1(,5) hour flight to Bali. ;)

mutt
20th Aug 2011, 23:09
within one hour taxi drive ? Life is there to enjoy.....right !! Ha ha good luck finding a McDonalds within a 1 hour taxi drive, left alone an unpolluted beach :):):)

Head SOUTH......

Mutt

piggybank
21st Aug 2011, 20:10
Like theNew1 said, Bali is an option based on price. Houses in Denpasar are renting at 10 to 15 million a year. Traffic is getting bad now between Denpasar and the airport at Kuta. Prices in the Kuta, Seminyak area will bring tears to your eyes, few good deals there.

boogie-nicey
22nd Aug 2011, 13:17
Oh dear not what I expected with regards to Jakarta, sounds like an exciting place but somewhat pricey to say the least. Maybe I should buy a tent! In fact if I get a big one then I can rent out the unused parts! :)

Thanks for the advice