PDA

View Full Version : Air Asia Philippines

Air Asia PHL
14th Aug 2011, 05:30
Air Asia Philippines coming soon!
http://www.pprune.org/[IMG]http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc461/airasia_phl/1stPAAA320.jpghttp://www.pprune.org/[IMG]http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc461/airasia_phl/1stPAAA320.jpghttp://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc461/airasia_phl/1stPAAA320.jpg

http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc461/airasia_phl/?action=view&current=1stPAAA320.jpg

http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc461/airasia_phl/?action=view&current=1stPAAA320.jpg

subsonic69
16th Aug 2011, 01:16
landed ....

arigato
16th Aug 2011, 09:42
Oh home sweet home!!! I hope to join them someday... :)

Left Wing
17th Aug 2011, 06:33
soon they will have the most advanced EFB's & IFE...:ok:... that means bye bye to Air Phils and the lot

A320 stabilizer
18th Aug 2011, 19:42
I hope the pilots' pay is better than the other local competition. The applicants who were processed are having second thoughts.

TSRABECOMING
20th Aug 2011, 05:52
A320 Stabilizer
your hope is a dream.

squarecrow
20th Aug 2011, 13:49
:ooh: OO dear

Air Asia PHL
21st Aug 2011, 17:58
http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc461/airasia_phl/2_AAP.jpg

Air Asia PHL
21st Aug 2011, 18:06
I hope the pilots' pay is better than the other local competition. The applicants who were processed are having second thoughts.
Hi A320 Stabilizer, the pay is slightly better than local competitors, but not substantially higher which can be comparable to Middle Eastern carriers.
What can be guaranteed by AirAsiaPhilippines is you'll have a life & time to spend with your family & time to spend your hardly earned money plus a company that truly understands & compassionate to your needs. Its more of a family than a company. :ok:

Stratocruzer
21st Aug 2011, 20:45
as far as the pay is concerned it is hoped that it will indeed be better than what is being offered now by other airlines in the phils however the candidates will know about it soon enough when they receive the offer but what is certain is that airasia is still a low cost airline and therefor wl work the pilots to the max possible hours per month or year otherwise they will be losing on manhours and as proven in kul bkk and cgk they really look closely at costs, if you know what that means to staff, not that its a bad thing but just to give some perspective about the line;

What can be guaranteed by AirAsiaPhilippines is you'll have a life & time to spend with your family & time to spend your hardly earned money plus a company that truly understands & compassionate to your needs. Its more of a family than a company

and as for the mid east, yes the pay is higher or used to be quite high depending where u come from but now with the usd falling and the pay in local currency which is fixed to the usd and the exceptionally high cost of living it is no longer as attractive as it was

at the end of the day you decide what you want after taking all the considerations into account

arigato
22nd Aug 2011, 02:12
Could anyone share to us any info on changes from the previous pay (net of tax)? It's getting cold again here in my outfit and I might reconsider my option to go home this time...:) If the price is right? :ok:

bisaya
22nd Aug 2011, 05:06
interesting.... how much is "slightly better", really?

A320 stabilizer
23rd Aug 2011, 19:52
Airphil and seatiger got the pilots it badly needed to startup by making it worthwhile (3M to be exact) for them to leave their former employers. Will a "substantial offer" be suitable for your immediate needs?

captbisdak
10th Sep 2011, 10:23
So, how was the recent round of interviews? Anybody care to share the juicy details?

martinque
10th Sep 2011, 11:10
I recently had my interview last tuesday. There were about 25-30 of us there. First was their very "homey" company presentation followed by the interviews. There were three tables, table 1: one Malaysian pilot (i think), table 2: two Malaysian pilots and table 3: a Filipino pilot (already flying with AA based in Malaysia) and a female HR (if i'm not mistaken). We were assigned to different tables. While I was evesdropping on already interviewed pilots I heard that table 1 was more of a relax/outgoing interview, while table 2 was pure tachnical questions (i think more on approach charts, SID's, STAR's instruments, etc.). Well, I was assigned on table 3. Being the "freshest" pilot and having the lowest time, I was asked more about personal stuff and asked me a little about METAR/TAF and asked me to interpret it. After the interviews I stayed for a while and had a chat with some of my fellow applicants. The result will be given within a week, as of what they all told us. No news yet. ;)

captbisdak
11th Sep 2011, 00:38
When you say you had the lowest hours, what was your total time & experience when you got invited to the interview?

martinque
11th Sep 2011, 14:14
Sir I have only a total of 190hours mostly on single engine and some on light twin. Compared to my co-applicants who have hundreds if not thousands of flight hours. :ugh:But I was relieved to find out that they have junior FO's suitable for my experience. (Senior FO: >1500hours with ATPL, FO: >1500hours and Junior FO: fresh grads)
I guess there's nothing wrong in trying. Who knows, God-willing I might be able to make it. No news yet as of today. Any other applicants who have received news already? :)

Rage1018
13th Sep 2011, 09:07
any news when will be their next schedule for interviews for new applicants? I hope that they will schedule another one. I was not able to make it since schedule is so tight.

jamestaylor
13th Sep 2011, 13:34
Hmmmm,

do any of you realize that they are saying that they will pay more money in Philippines versus Malaysia Pay??? How is this right or possible up to 500k pesos or over 12K usd??? WTF? In KL they are paying max 22K ringgit right. This is less than 8k usd. Wake up smell the TF BS roses ok. If they are paying this for Clark pay then all Malaysian pilots should revolt.............................................

msbatcha747
13th Sep 2011, 14:57
Martinque: Are you a phillippines national? Were they interviewing only locals for theFo positions?

martinque
13th Sep 2011, 15:30
Yes, I am a Filipino citizen. I think they are hiring an all-Filipino crew for AA Philippines.

Rage1018
13th Sep 2011, 23:54
@ martinque

Any idea when will be their target date of operation? Like you Im also a low timer pilot trying to make it to the big guys. :)only have around 500+ but Im rated as FO in c-130H. I have around 200hrs in C-130. I hope AA will make it good here in the Phil:O

martinque
14th Sep 2011, 04:04
WOW! C-130! Macho-plane! I would love to fly one of those. As far as i know they were planning to operate within September but they are still fixing some papers/permits etc in CAAP as we speak. Their new target date for operation is around October as per the company presentation during the interview.

Air Asia PHL
17th Sep 2011, 08:04
Hmmmm,

do any of you realize that they are saying that they will pay more money in Philippines versus Malaysia Pay??? How is this right or possible up to 500k pesos or over 12K usd??? WTF? In KL they are paying max 22K ringgit right. This is less than 8k usd. Wake up smell the TF BS roses ok. If they are paying this for Clark pay then all Malaysian pilots should revolt.............................................

Hi jamestaylor, with all due respect to you, there's no need for the Malaysian pilots to revolt. While its true the Philippine pilots will be paid more than their Malaysian counterparts the net pay for Philippine pilots will be far less than their Malaysian counterparts. This is due to the 32% tax imposed on all their pay.
Allow me to correct your statement that Air Asia Berhad is paying "max 22K ringgit". Its not true. Capts in Air Asia Malaysia get on the average Rm30,000 per month or $10,000 plus Employment Provident Fund of 21% of gross pay. Thus a total of $12,000.
I hope this clarifies the issue.
Thank you.

Rage1018
25th Sep 2011, 01:24
any news yet?

cessna95
6th Dec 2011, 10:46
start date anyone??

subsonic69
25th Dec 2011, 17:21
start date ? will they ?

cessna95
1st Jan 2012, 01:13
politics politics politics.

looks like Tonyboy is not immune to all the redtape.

jamestaylor
1st Jan 2012, 03:39
ya,

maybe mister F1, football, and branson wanna be should stick to his monopoly in kl and get the heck out of town no need................................

eagle135
3rd Jan 2012, 00:40
The latest rumor is, AAP will probably start operation February yet. They are asked by CAAP, around middle of Dec, to do another probing flight and this time, night flying. AAP is the 1st airline required by CAAP to do both day and night probing flight. FAA requirement "kuno". And CAAP scheduled it on the 2nd week of Jan yet. Perhaps, to ensure there is no other competitor airline during the peak holiday season.

POLITICS? It could be. Because, albeit the DG is a cousin of Tonyboy Cojuangco (President of AAP) and PNoy, I heard in the grapevine that DG's son is a student pilot in PAL Aviation School. As to the question if his son is paying or not, that I cannot confirm.

787galaxy
1st Sep 2018, 08:52
Any tips on how the interview portion is like for fresh graduate pilots applying this year (2018)?
Especially if they ask technical questions?

jetjockey696
3rd Sep 2018, 05:40
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.gmforum.com-vbulletin/1040x1040/airasi_1ff0974d66eeb2008a44e5035798ee0eb35f3b7e.png

AIRASIA ROADSHOW FO and CAPTAIN in Philippines BASED IN KUALA LUMPUR.

arigato
10th Sep 2018, 05:51
Kindly share any info on the screening above. Any basing aside from KL.(NRT/NGO/CRK etc.) . Also on the TCs & Pay. TY.

787galaxy
10th Sep 2018, 14:19
Got an email that the recruitment on Sept 10 & 11 is postponed.

skyman123
16th Jan 2019, 23:36
Any news about the recruitement? thanks