PDA

View Full Version : Swimmers

ChristiaanJ
13th Aug 2011, 22:44
This IS funny, IMHO.

Air Swimmers - Awesome RC Flying Shark and Clownfish! - YouTube

But I'm baffled both about 'propulsion' and 'flight control'....

However, maybe this will be the next fad, after those indoor R/C helicopters (although not as cheap).

CJ

PS
"airswimmers.com" has an instruction video, that answered my techie questions.
It just didn't mention prices....

11Fan
13th Aug 2011, 22:51
Outstanding find CJ :ok:

hval
13th Aug 2011, 23:04
I can't decide which one I want.

ChristiaanJ
13th Aug 2011, 23:09
LOL.... seems they're already out of stock.

Basic price seems to be less than $40.

Only snag is... I've got no idea where to get helium locally....

CJ

603DX
13th Aug 2011, 23:15
Yes, they look fun! I'm tempted (for the grandchildren, you understand!).

The prices are on Am*z*n; not too much, and the instructional video is also accessible from the group of thumbnails associated with your posted video. :)

Regarding helium availability CJ, don't the French have "Party Shops" selling balloons, fancy dress, false moustaches and so on? Most English towns have them, and you can get your inflatables filled with helium ("balloon gas") there.

ChristiaanJ
13th Aug 2011, 23:19
I can't decide which one I want.
Seems there's a 'combo kit' with both.
Get that, and then they can bump noses at speed in the corridor.

CJ

ChristiaanJ
13th Aug 2011, 23:54
Regarding helium availability CJ, don't the French have "Party Shops" selling balloons and so on?I think they probably do, but the nearest "big" town with such 'party shops' is half an hour's drive away, and I can't quite imagine driving back home with a fully inflated shark in the car....
Still, helium tanks/canisters may be obtainable separately, as used for local "fêtes" (unless they all use hydrogen....).

Tah for the hint.

CJ

hval
14th Aug 2011, 00:22
I think the Mrs. would kill me if I got one, never mind both at the moment. Money all going on construction work on the house. That's this years, and next years spend fund gone.

lomapaseo
14th Aug 2011, 05:02
Hmmm, indoor use only.

Got to get it for one of those giant cruise ships with inside cabins with a window looking down on the center atrium. Then fly one past one of those windows

Howard Hughes
15th Aug 2011, 00:53
Love it!:D

Hydromet
15th Aug 2011, 03:31
Great! Daughter is threatening to get a shark for her niece.:D

uffington sb
7th Oct 2011, 19:08
I got mine on Monday. It was meant to arrive in time for a family party but was delayed from HKG due to a typhoon.

GREAT FUN!!! Much easier to control then a hecculpleter. Scared the four cats at first, but now they just sit there thinking "he's playing with that blasted fish again" :D:D

Cacophonix
7th Oct 2011, 20:09
Scared the four cats at first, but now they just sit there thinking "he's playing with that blasted fish again"

Don't believe that for an instant. They'll have that blasted fish in a trice, believe me. ;)

Caco

vcezLXUifvk

Hobo
8th Oct 2011, 05:08
I can't decide which one I want

hval...I take it you mean the yummy mummys at the party?

lomapaseo
8th Oct 2011, 14:45
They're available now at the Toys-R-Us stores along with the helium tanks.

If you have a cat problem, try using hydrogen instead. The resulting flash ought to cure the cat