PDA

View Full Version : CAAC Exam; General Administration of Civil Aviation of China

JasperF
13th Aug 2011, 21:41
Good Day,

I need to prepare for the CAAC exam asap. Would someone be kind enough to offer me guidance in the choice of study materials and "practice" exams?

I may have an interview with Juneyao Airlines soon.

Respectfully,
Jasper Ferguson

stevieboy
14th Aug 2011, 12:28
The topic has been previously covered and can be found here>>>> http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east/262104-chinese-written-test.html

Good luck with your interview and ATPL theory exam!

JasperF
14th Aug 2011, 18:23
Good Day Stevieboy,

Thank you for your reply. I have seen this thread. It is a little old but I have taken this information already.
I also read a few horror stories about the length of time that it takes to be licensed in China. Is it true that you may be without work for six months while you complete the licensing program?

Respectfully,
Jasper

ReverseFlight
15th Aug 2011, 03:20
I know of a couple of guys who are still waiting after 9 months.

stevieboy
15th Aug 2011, 03:23
Thank you for your reply. I have seen this thread. It is a little old but I have taken this information already.
I also read a few horror stories about the length of time that it takes to be licensed in China. Is it true that you may be without work for six months while you complete the licensing program?

Hi Jasper,

The information you've taken from the link should still be very helpful.

It took me approx. 6 month from initial application to my start date. Once I got to China, it took another few months before the CAAC granted my ATPL. During this period you will also wait for your residence permit to come through and attend some ground schools arranged by your Airline. All up it took me over 8 month before I was able to step back into the cockpit! So it can take a lot of your time. But once you start flying in China, you will get paid decent money!!! Therefore, a lot of patience is required. :ok:

JasperF
15th Aug 2011, 07:20
Sir,

Wow! Thank you for this information. I have been told that I would fly very soon after my arrival. I imagine that I should look for work elsewhere while this process completes. You have made a difference in my planning schedule. Thanks.

By the way, I have obtained CAAC Study Materials from several recruiters. Please PM me for this up to date study material.

Jasper