PDA

View Full Version : Mandatory Maintenance

debiassi
12th Aug 2011, 18:05
Looking for assistance / clarification.
Prior to ARC's and CAMO sub part G.
I am looking to establish the required maintenance for a UK regd aircraft.
I could be wrong but my undertsanding was as follows.
50hr inspections or 6mth ( +10% if granted )
150hr inspection
Annual Inspection which was date restricted ie if carried out say 01/02/2010 would have to be done on or before 01/02/2011 and not the end of the month as with the FAA?
I believe an annual could be carried out in lieu of a 150hr inspection but not vice versa?
Any assistance or a pointer to a link would be greatly appreciated.

NutLoose
13th Aug 2011, 00:57
You want the LAMS schedule and is still in used for Annex 2 Aircraft.

see

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/CAP411.PDF

See section 6

You are correct it is a 1st 50, 2nd 50, 150 Hr and Annual, the Annual can fall at anytime or be aligned with any of the checks, so if you say only flew 50 hrs a year you would try to align the Annual with that 50 hr or if your Annual was due say a week after a 50hr, sense would be to anticipate the Annual and do that instead of the 50hr.. Additionally there is a 6 months from last inspection check if it has not had any maintenance check carried out, this at one time was every 62 days.
I believe an annual could be carried out in lieu of a 150hr inspection but not vice versa?
Correct.

The Annual can be anticipated by up to 62 days, this will then add on to the time the next one is due, so the next annual would be due in 14 months if the full 62 days anticipation was used. That is the only time the annual can be extended IE is as you say date restricted, all of the other checks could be extended 10% or 5 Hours ( A 150Hr could not be extended 15 hrs, it was 5 hours per check).

The Certificate of Airworthiness renewal (Star inspection)
is also on calender and is on the third Annual, this is a full review of all AD's, Mods etc and culminates with applying to the CAA for an CofA renewal.

Any AD's falling between these checks would need to be carried out, either at the proceeding check or on the day/hours due, they cannot be extended, similar items like the Mags 500 hr services that at one time could be extended to the next check were changed later on in LAMS to have to be done at the preceeding check or on calender.

If you need more please ask.

debiassi
13th Aug 2011, 10:30
Thats great, helps clear up a little issue for me. Thank you for your assistance.