cyrilroy21
12th Aug 2011, 13:12
From the August attempt onwards the ATPL exams will be conducted online

The DGCA has published a guide on how to use the system

http://www.dgca.gov.in/admit/Online_inst.pdf

The ATPL exams are scheduled to take place on the 19 , 20 and 21 of August 2011

http://www.dgca.gov.in/admit/Pilot0711_Sch.pdf

Kudos to the DGCA for doing so :D

Knowing how slow the Indian Govt works I never thought i would see the online system for exams during this lifetime :E

Hopefully this will trickle down soon for the CPL and PPL levels also

planeboy_777
13th Aug 2011, 05:19
They should remove the ATPL VIVA part from the examination .
which is By far the most Biased, Unpredictable, pathetic and unprofessional way of interviewing people.

capt.ace
13th Aug 2011, 05:56
The DGCA has published a guide on how to use the system

http://www.dgca.gov.in/admit/Online_inst.pdf

god save us from dgca.i wonder are they capable of conducting the exam online as they dont even know how to write page numbers correctly

planeboy_777
13th Aug 2011, 06:11
What if your computer crashes in mid-way, or the lights go off, or the computer hangs :ooh::ooh::ooh::ooh:

they haven't mentioned any of the remedial actions for these causes??

ilsdme28
13th Aug 2011, 07:11
":COMPUTER CRASHES " --------

what if a meteorite strikes the earth...........

these exams are based on system already tried tested in america/canada/Australia
and other places , give credit where its due

LieDetector
13th Aug 2011, 07:14
"If you face any problem with your terminal, don’t panic. Just inform the invigilator and you will be given another terminal. The time lost on account of this will not be counted."

av8r76
13th Aug 2011, 08:15
Dme28, what a load if bull.
That is a very legitimate question which does not warrant this kind of reply.

I recently took the Canadian ATP exams and my terminal crashed twice. The system does save your progress on a continuous basis on a separate server to maintain redundancy. Hopefully the same will apply here as well.

ilsdme28
13th Aug 2011, 10:22
@avr76

its not about system crashing its about the constant negativity about the new procedures placed by DGCA it could be aadhar card or online examination , as aviation community in India we also have responsibility to give credit to at least some honest people working hard for system's improvement

i apologize if anybody felt hurt by that post but please avoid using your bul* and cra* terminology especially if u are lecturing others about the language of their posts......

harsh786techy
14th Aug 2011, 17:47
I appreciate Mr. Nazim Zaidi's and all the people indulged for their effort for bringing in change and that too quickly.

Online pilot exam is the first step in bringing transparency and removing corruption.

I know there will be few bumps in the system and many people going against it but i am still optimistic that we can, in 5-10 years, become a country known for its aviation industry as we are for IT industry.

Dgca :ok: :D

capt.ameen
15th Aug 2011, 09:47
"I appreciate Mr. Nazim Zaidi's and all the people indulged for their effort for bringing in change and that too quickly."
Now the cheif is Mr. Bharat Bhushan and not Mr. Zaidi. Zaidi is at present Aviation secretary and during his tenure as DGCA, it was a mess! There was a mess with the whole exam system and we even had 0% pass results! Thanks to the Present chief Mr. Bharat Bhushan IAS. Now we atleast get questions which is within the syllabus!

harsh786techy
15th Aug 2011, 12:34
Thanks for reminding me that but i was not trying to mention the name of DG of CA. I mentioned his name because of INITIATING the CHANGE when he was there and this change was carried forward by Mr. Bharat Bhushan... hats off to him too..

But still Thank You.

kshiteej_wizard
15th Aug 2011, 19:13
agree to it totally...people here think so negative and always criticize the indian system when they come flying from abroad.well to tell you i have flown at both place and i can tell you that the aviation situation is the same everywhere.wel last time i typed a few words short on this forum.some guys just got on me criticizing of not be a pilot or in their words 'atari generation' neway i would say its a good move and theres still lots to improve dont forget aviation just started picking up in our country.

kshiteej_wizard
15th Aug 2011, 19:23
hey buddy you seem to be a very active member on this site.with no disrespect i would like to suggest you to please dont criticize everything you see.also appreciate good things look them in a good way unless you really have some personal issues with dgca.anyway online exams for atpl is a good move hope to see the same for cpl. really appreciate the work done by some very honest people from dgca.and cyril21 the global aviation scenario is the same.and we indians are still new to aviation.
jai hind.