PDA

View Full Version : Cobham Pilots march toward a 30 percent pay rise.

CIA_Confidential
12th Aug 2011, 12:09
Cobham Pilots including, Qantaslink B717 Pilots, have commenced negotiations for a pay deal which would bring them in line with QANTAS mainline Pilot conditions.

Terms and Conditions sought include a 30 percent pay increase and a 20 percent decrease in the overtime threshold.

The Cobham Pilots are jointly represented by the AFAP and TWU.

GO YOU GOOD THINGS!! :ok::ok:

Angle of Attack
12th Aug 2011, 12:24
It has begun, and about time too...

Capn Bloggs
12th Aug 2011, 14:10
"CIA_Confidential". Obviously not! :p

roger_ramjet
13th Aug 2011, 03:08
Hmmm, good idea in principle but be careful you don't price yourselves out of a job. Sunstate and Eastern both have 'regional jet' pay scales in their EBA and whatever the Qantas group get to replace the 717 and fill the gap between the 738 and the Q400 will go to the lowest bidder....

vigi-one
13th Aug 2011, 03:25
Roger

I wouldnt worry about Eastern and Sunstate having narrow body in the EBA, they wont be getting jet equipment, its just for show. You forget about Network. The turbo prop operations are flat out finding crew and aircraft for their own operations (remember Alliance are doing Rocky and Mackay). Ads again appearing in the Australian (what happened to that QLINK thread?). They are flat out training crew on the Dash let alone letting the "Aero Club" loose on a jet operation. The Dashes have turned into a charter company chasing FIFO operations and outsource the RPT Flying.

Going Nowhere
13th Aug 2011, 04:31
Lack of Engineering support to keep the Q400's in the air started the F100 flying. :ugh:

Turns out the jets are now mostly full so I guess there's only more on the way.

airdualbleedfault
13th Aug 2011, 08:04
Cobham Pilots including, Qantaslink B717 Pilots, have commenced negotiations for a pay deal which would bring them in line with QANTAS mainline Pilot conditions.

This is a wind up, right ? Even as an ambit claim this would be ludicrous, and yes, if this is true, it may pay to remember two words : jetstar and network

ADB

Toolman101
15th Aug 2011, 06:52
30% I'd like to see that from Cobham :cool:

7378FE
15th Aug 2011, 07:16
The QF group will probably "lend" them the money. :hmm:

Servo
15th Aug 2011, 09:17
Geez, supposedly the guys are trying for better pay and conditions, trying to stop the rot and race to the bottom and you all come on here and bag the cr$p out of them.

Nice one.

No wonder airline management loves pilots.

What a disgrace.

What chance is there :{

Fuel-Off
15th Aug 2011, 11:57
if this is true, it may pay to remember two words : jetstar and network

Well I can see Jetstar perhaps getting back the 717s (Impulse anyone?), but Network would be a stretch as they don't have RPT on their AOC. As the ladies and gents here would attest, adding RPT onto an AOC is no easy (read cheap) task, but happy to be informed to the contrary!

But its good to see the guys and girls growing the gonads and taking on the man! :D

Fuel-Off :ok:

Nalid
4th Oct 2011, 04:07
Pretty quite on this one. Anyone know what the current first year pay for a B717 first officer is. I've been looking around but can't seem to find anything. Cheers in advance.

RENURPP
4th Oct 2011, 04:17
Not exactly sure and the negotiation for our conditions are under way so it will change.
Somewhere around $70K which by itself doesn't sound fantastic, but apples to apples, you don't pay for your endorsement, you do receive a training wage and you do have accommodation and transport provided whilst doing ground school, sim etc in Brisbane.

Stiff Under Carriage
4th Oct 2011, 04:20
RENURPP is on the money Nalid.

EBA I have copy of is at $68K. BAe146 and B717. no you don't pay for endo, but you get bonded, then if you change type you get bonded again, then if you take upgrade you get bonded again.

RENURPP
4th Oct 2011, 04:22
The current agreement allows for one bonding period and that is how its reflected within the current PCA. If something different is happening you should have it addressed.

It was $62500 in July 2007, you need to add CPI for 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 to bring that up to date.

I just did the calculations and based on CPI March 08 - 4.2%, 09 - 2.5%, 10 - 2.9%, 11 - 3.3% the 1st year is now $71,048.79. It increases by March a;; groups CPI every year.

Stiff Under Carriage
4th Oct 2011, 04:42
Probably right, the EBA I have is maybe a little old but not that old.

Either way $71 I think is a bit light.

newsensation
4th Oct 2011, 05:30
Cobham Pilots including, Qantaslink B717 Pilots,

They are all Cobham Pilots as Cobham is a separate company who contract to carry out flights for Qantas under the Qantaslink umbrella.

RENURPP
4th Oct 2011, 06:06
Maybe so but its better than jetstar!

airdualbleedfault
4th Oct 2011, 06:45
Maybe so but its better than jetstar!How so RENURPP ?

Bit out of date on Jet* F/O pay but it was over 80K 5 years ago, sure there was no trg pay but you received full pay on your sim check with Jet* which is generally the week after the Alteon check. Endorsement I believe is now salary sacrafice and with the extra pay over NJS you should make that back in a couple of years.
QF staff travel, which I know you guys get ( y class only and last one on ) after submitting an application to ADL 5 days in advance, opportunity ( maybe ) to go to widebody and piece of mind that QF can't drop you like a red hot potato if and when it feels like it.
Time to command prob similar but A320 command time far more useable on the contract market if thats what floats your boat.
Cobham may not be the worse job going but a bit of a stretch to say better than Jet*

RENURPP
4th Oct 2011, 08:21
I thought he wanted first year pay?

After paying for the endorsement Jetstar is worse off, simple.

mince
5th Oct 2011, 00:04
piece of mind that QF can't drop you like a red hot potato if and when it feels like it.

Do you reckon? Tell that to the SOs that have little choice but to go to Jetstar....

airdualbleedfault
5th Oct 2011, 09:53
Ok Rennurp, you win after year 1 he will be 10-20k worse off, after 5 years he will be 100-120k better off, depends how short sighted you want to be. Personally I don't look at working for a company for 1 year.

RENURPP
5th Oct 2011, 20:37
Anyone know what the current first year pay for a B717 first officer is. I've been looking around but can't seem to find anything.

I simply read and answered the question. He asked for first year.
iF . the poster had asked "anyone know what a B717 First officer get paid" you MAY have a point, but you don't, one more point, the question was about a Cobham pilot not a Jetstar pilot therefore your reponse is incorrect.

after year 1 he will be 10-20k worse off, after 5 years he will be 100-120k better off