PDA

View Full Version : AIX to take ex IAF pilots

vdaff
12th Aug 2011, 06:20
Mumbai:: Going by the way Air India conducts its business, it's hard to believe that the airline is neck-deep in debt. At a time when India has hundreds of unemployed Commercial Pilot License (CPL) holders who are qualified to fly Boeing 737 aircraft, the airline is planning to recruit retired Indian Air Force pilots and spend about Rs 25 lakh to train each of them to fly Boeing 737s to absorb them into Air India Express.
What's worse is that a batch of about 30 pilots has been waiting to be absorbed as trainee co-pilots in Air India Express since the last one year. "These pilots have self-funded their Boeing 737 training. The airline will not have to spend time and money on their type-rating programme. This batch alone means a saving of about Rs 7.5 crore," said a source. A type-rating programme involves classroom and simulator training to enable a pilot to fly a particular aircraft type.

WTF? There are already many 737 rated pilots sitting without a job, insted of taking them they want to spend more money on ex IAF pilots

VT-ASM
12th Aug 2011, 07:07
No wonder AI is in deep mess...............

golfpapa
12th Aug 2011, 08:01
Did anyone here with 737 typerating apply to AIX?

Any word from them yet?

vdaff
12th Aug 2011, 08:12
My friend applied to AIX few months back, he is 737 type rated but they said he needs hours on the plane.

tolip111111
12th Aug 2011, 09:34
http://www.airindiaexpress.in/FreeREZ/ADS_WEB/TA/Images/AdvPilotAiclL.htm

I don't see any preference or anything about IAF guys here in the latest job advert by them.

AIX is the only subsidiary of Air India Lmt that has been posing profits. I guess it would be a good place to work!! Anyone with any info on them?

Johny Boy
12th Aug 2011, 10:29
Around 20 rated or so F/O's are sitting ducks since their induction in Sep,2010.They were told to wait till further instructions,do not know the exact reason but rumour is that golden kids are given preference over others.

This is best among various AI's subsidiaries.Good to work for if building hours is sole reason to join AIX and mostly 70-80 hours/month....rostering can be headache but if accumulating hours is main concern then nothing can beat AIX...only drawback is that this LCC is feeder for kids of AI's top guys.Every here or there some one will be put above rest of guys and its demoralizing ...so if that can be overlooked then ....its good to work.

Note - AIX pays salary ON TIME with bonus as mentioned in contract.

cyrilroy21
12th Aug 2011, 10:32
I though the Air Force guys were to be hired as direct entry captains and not as F/O's :ooh:

AIX is one most profitable units within NACIL

But unfortunately they pay a part of their revenue ( around 25% I Think not sure, read it somewhere )
to the parent company NACIL

Johny Boy
12th Aug 2011, 10:38
It generates almost 50% of revenue for AI.....IAF pilots will be given DEC positions with rating from AIX.