PDA

View Full Version : Enquiry on question bank!

RITZER82
11th Aug 2011, 21:57
Greetings folks,

I have a quick question, I have just started my ATPL ground school with LMU distance learning programme and like to know when I should purchase Bristol's question banks and tackle the question bank for each particular subject, shall I do it once I have completed the final in house tests or couple of weeks before them, thanks.

Rayek.

RJC
12th Aug 2011, 08:14
When I did my ATPL (H) exams I stuck with the course material/tests until the week before the exams. Then I started on the Bristol QB taking the practice tests in the same order as I was due to sit the exams. In combination with the consolidation week really, so some of the oddities in the questions could be explained.

Once you have learnt the material you need to know, the Bristol QB helps you learn the way the CAA actually ask/phrase the questions - which can be a little odd at times, that's where it's value was of benefit to me. I found the Bristol questions easier than the School questions, which given they are supposed to be indicative of the actual exams (perhaps not so since the new syllabus has come in recently ?) was a good confidence booster.

What ever you do, don't substitute trying to learn the Bristol QB as an alternative to learning, and understanding, the coursework.

PeterHultberg
12th Aug 2011, 10:54
When I took my CPL(A), my whole class bought Bristol together, since back then there were no rules about how many log in you can have at the same time in one account. Today, 2 persons can't log in at the same time in 1 account because that might get the account-owner banned, so don't share your account with anyone!

Now I'm in the last stages of my ATPL(A) theory and during the 3 times I have bought Bristol, I did it just 1 week before the CAA exams and it has worked out nice.

Don't forget to use both Version 2 and version 3 of Bristol. You can access both versions under the menu.

Peter H

RITZER82
12th Aug 2011, 17:44
Thanks for your reply guys and just out of curiosity does one have to take the phase group subject all in one go or would it be up to the individual to take a particular subject one by one at their own pace?

PeterHultberg
12th Aug 2011, 19:10
You have 6 "times" that you can sit down an write the CAA exams. 1 "time" equals 10 days. From the moment you start writing your first test you have 18 months to finish them all.

You can choose to take the exams whenever you want to during those 10 days.

During these 10 days, you can take it in your own time and you can even divide the subjects over several "times".