PDA

View Full Version : QF LWOP to Qatar

Capt Kremin
11th Aug 2011, 08:13
New FSO out regarding QATAR airways offering 3 year LWOP to QF pilots. Command/FO slots on the 777 and FO slots on the A330.

Hope it lasts longer than the last one.

Cue Qatar pilots complaints about undermining their conditions...?

Angle of Attack
11th Aug 2011, 08:52
Doubt it, Qatar are seriously desperate for pilots, heaps are leaving them on the A320 fleet. They have around 60 aircraft with another 200 on order, running roadshows in UK, USA and Canada. Anyway I have a mate who lives in Doha in an unrelated to Aviation job and he reckons its not too bad a joint. Lots of great places in near flying proximity if you get the time off!

clear to land
11th Aug 2011, 09:11
Qatar....all I can say is Good Luck! It will be an eye opening experience to any QF guys brave enough to go to the craphole that is Doha :yuk:

Baileys
11th Aug 2011, 11:19
Be warned - do your research thoroughly - and have a visit first.

Howard Hughes
11th Aug 2011, 11:27
Sounds OK on the surface, but three years LWOP? Will there be anything to come back to?

PS: Why would any company look at loaning highly trained staff to a direct competitor?

The Green Goblin
11th Aug 2011, 11:55
PS: Why would any company look at loaning highly trained staff to a direct competitor?

So there is reduced redundancy payments, the balance sheet looks good, you are available in the future should the need for growth occur with minimal cost of re-training.

A couple of quick sims with a 25 year old Onestar (ex cadet) T&C Captain ought to have you sorted in no time. He'll even give you a few tups, he's got sux hundred hours cummund on juts sunce he's been flying in NZ after all :D.

The biggest why? Cause the change management can say look at how much money they saved and get a massive KPI bonus with back slaps all round.

We'll worry about ETIHAD (I'd love to hear AJ pronounce it :E) later, we're Qantas after all. The worlds most experienced airline....

Yeeer haaaar. Ta huge KPI's Cliffo & Brucey baby!!