PDA

View Full Version : CPL Skills Training in a Schweizer 300CBi

LPlates1
10th Aug 2011, 18:12
Hello,

I am nearing the end of my CPL(H) theoretical and will soon be looking for a training school to complete the skills training part of the syllabus.

I got my PPL on the above aircraft but the training school I used does not have an FTO for CPL training.

I'd rather not do the skills training in an R22 so can anybody tell me if they know of anywhere (preferably in the south of england) that can do the CPL course on the Schweizer 300CBi.

many thanks in advance,

Hughes500
10th Aug 2011, 20:38
I can rent you a 300C and you can take it to Helicopter services at High Wycombe. Mike and Leon are both top draw !

parasite drag
10th Aug 2011, 20:42
I think these guys have one... http://www.willowair.co.uk
and possibly these too... FAST Helicopters Ltd: Helicopter charter and training services, helicopter lessons, helicopter gift vouchers, helicopter flying lessons, helicopter schools, helicopter hire, hire a helicopter, helicopter charters, charter a helicopter, charter helico (http://www.fasthelicopters.com)

feathering tickles
10th Aug 2011, 20:47
Hello LP1,

Helicentre.com at Liverpool and Caernarfon (only slightly north of South of England) provide an excellent CBi CPL(H) course.

The pass rate is amongst the very best and they are always keen to help with things like accommodation and transportation.

Pretty much everybody who's done the Helicentre.com course is in work now as a pilot.

FT.

ec155mech
10th Aug 2011, 20:48
Fast has a CBi I know this for a fact because I fly it on occation :D

Whirlygig
10th Aug 2011, 21:00
You mean CDOJ passed its MoT? ;)

Cheers

Whirls

ec155mech
10th Aug 2011, 21:16
it sure did I took it out for my PPL skill test. flies great, and RH PIC is really nice

rotarywise
10th Aug 2011, 22:31
Liverpool and Caernarfon (only slightly north of South of England)I take it that navigation is not your strong suit, FT.

LPlates1
11th Aug 2011, 11:18
Thanks for the replies, Fast at Andover would be great but I went in there and they didn't have a Schweizer, only R22 :-(

I presume they have one at Shoreham ?

One other question.... How many pilots complete the course in the required 30 hours ? Is it likely I should budget for more hours to get through the course ? Assuming fairly competant PPL with 250 hours already ?

Thanks

Pandalet
11th Aug 2011, 11:41
Do you have a night rating? If not, it'll be (at least) 35 hours. Assuming no gaping holes in your abilities and a reasonable instructor, and assuming you get through the test first time, the vast majority of CPL students seem to make it through in minimum hours.

tony 1969
11th Aug 2011, 11:50
Go see that nice Mr. Macgregor at Fast Shoreham, trust me you wont regret it. As a competent PPL with 250 hours you should be fine to do it in the 30 hours.
Best of luck

ec155mech
11th Aug 2011, 11:56
Mr Macgregor is very nice, and all the guys at Fast in shoreham are great instructors. No I do not work there.

ec155mech
11th Aug 2011, 13:50
what prices do you need. and I know for a fact they are very busy

hands_on123
11th Aug 2011, 18:53
London Helicopters At Redhill have a 300

PS - I wouldn't put money account with ANY company, see the 'Longmint' thread.

Translational Lift
11th Aug 2011, 21:46
How about Leicester (ok, not exactly on the South coast but then there aren't that many 300 operators)? Helicentre Aviation operate two CBis and do lots of CPL courses. Geoff Day does a fair bit of the CPL training, and he has done more professional courses than anyone I know.

T.