PDA

View Full Version : HELP !! Conversion issues

josh121.5
10th Aug 2011, 15:05
i got a mail from DGCA today stating the following

Dear Sir,

Reference may please be made to your application submitted on 30th June 2011 on the above subject.

Examination of your application revealed the following:

1. Information furnished with respect to 20 Hrs. & 50 Hrs. cross country (for IR), does not show compliance to 100NM (radius) distance requirement in accordance with the regulation given under clause 5 of Section – A, of Schedule II of Aircraft Rules 1937. Indication of distance between each leg for each sector must be mentioned to ensure that a minimum of 100NM were covered in any of the sector on each cross country.

The above is for your information & necessary action.

Yours faithfully,

M. Parthiban
Dy. Director of Airworthiness
for Director General of Civil Aviation

-------------------------------------------
:confused: guys wat should i do now , please kindly help ?????????

LieDetector
10th Aug 2011, 15:19
Isn't it obvious?

You gotta fly those again.

deadx17
10th Aug 2011, 15:21
do you have any sorties marked X-Cty of less than 100 miles? DGCA says a sortie will be called a cross country if the distance covered in that exercise is minimum of 100 nm...

josh121.5
10th Aug 2011, 15:50
well actually i have one sortie listed out as less than 100 NM thats is because i had to turn back due to bad weather . can i explain this to them ? and should i meet the recency requirement when i re-submit the list of X-country again ? :ugh:

cyrilroy21
10th Aug 2011, 16:05
Indication of distance between each leg for each sector must be mentioned to ensure that a minimum of 100NM were covered in any of the sector on each cross country.

From what I understand you seem to have forgotten to mention the distance .

You have to mention either one way or the round trip distance in the list of cross countries for each and every cross country
Did you mention it ?

Just make a new document again with distance and ask your flying school to stamp it , scan it and email it to the DGCA

speedbird787
10th Aug 2011, 16:10
well i think you have made a blunder by not knowing the requirements completely:(..........since you always knew that you were flying abroad not just to get a foreign Cpl but your final aim is to get an indian CPl :confused: at least your school flight should have known this fact.

anyways since you have got yourself in to a mess:ugh:.....the way out of it is only by flying the required hrs (100 NM radius X-country) ....the recency should then be irrelevant because you have already submitted your documents and you met the recency requirements at the time of application.

go to DGCA meet the officer and request him to help you and ask him if there is any other issue which needs to be sorted out.and if thats the only one just go and do the required hrs properly......remember CPL training is not just about building hours......its a whole curriculum of exercises which your school has to make you go through in a proper manner.

make sure you don't end up doing another blunder again:ok:

good luck

cyrilroy21
10th Aug 2011, 16:14
I would suggest give Mr. Parthiban a call or pay him a visit and see what the issue is....

His extension is 528

wingstwo
10th Aug 2011, 16:30
As far as the government goes, the clock starts ticking once you have registered and submitted the application. So no need to get your recency in. Just keep responding to their queries in writing, and keep the starting point as clear and understood, the day you submitted your application for conversion. From that point on, it is back n forth, till they finally issue your license. Obviously, assuming that you had fulfilled the requirements of DGCA at the time of submission of application.

josh121.5
11th Aug 2011, 04:37
@cyril : i have clearly mentioned all the round trip distance in the list of cross country and in just one x-country the distance is less than 100 NM , which seems to be the issue for DGCA .even if they dont consider that <100Nm x-country i still satisfy the 50Hr requirement .and cyril is it a requirement to list the distance of every x-country in the logbook aswell ? And one more thing , is there any deadline i gotta meet as in should i re-submit the document within a certain time ?? Anyways thnx for the valuable info cyril , im gonna ask my school to mail it to them .

smurf84
11th Aug 2011, 06:02
Yeah, it looks like that one particular flight which covered less than 100 Nm put you in a pickle. Did Mr.Partibhan send you an email outlining this issue?