PDA

View Full Version : Jungle Survival Kit

paulsalem
10th Aug 2011, 12:29
Can anyone recommend a 2 man survival kit for flying around SE Asia? Flying a Phenom 100 around Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia mostly.

Thanks.

Captain Stravaigin
10th Aug 2011, 14:03
I reckon the two most important items are an American Express card and about 12 colour photocopies of your passport (as everyone seems to need one for the simplest of tasks).

Seriously though, I know that the Royal Selangor Flying Club used to run an Aviators Jungle Survival course some years ago. It is possible that somebody there might have details of the necessary.

Good Luck and I would be interested to see what replies you get.

gipsy moth
10th Aug 2011, 14:16
I made my own when I was bush flying in Africa. Just find out what you need doing some research and keep it a plastic container, keep that plastic container and put in a small backpack to be able to carry it.
Make sure that you carry plenty of fresh water and that you rotate the stock... Ej.. Drinking it on board always keeping a minimum 5 liters or whatever you consider....

wingstwo
10th Aug 2011, 16:00
And try and stock all the survival stuff in a 'Dry bag'. It's basically a waterproof bag, which will keep the contents dry even if you are in water. Used a lot for hiking, sailing and trekking in high altitudes. Keeps stuff dry. And ensure you have rations for at least two days, and some stuff to light a fire with and a compass with VFR maps. My two pence.:O!

gipsy moth
10th Aug 2011, 17:04
Yeap, that works.... Although I prefer the plastic container, may be one of those used to keep food leftovers, they are strong and water tight, I don't know the name in English, being rigid helps to keep stuff safe and organized, can also be used as water or food container....

Some items: Waterproof matches, poncho for rain, shelter and water collection, signal mirror, insect repellent, candy bars... hooks and fishing line , 10 m of thin and strong nylon rope, big knife, multi tool, spf lotion, dental floss and needles for repairs and build traps (strong), 5 meters of duct tape rolled in a lighter, space blanket (great for shelter and being seen) head light, small compass, wire, hat, few safety pins.... All these should feet in a 25x10 cm plastic container....

ReverseFlight
11th Aug 2011, 03:45
1 x Satellite Phone = out of there in no time :ok:

AviatorVette
11th Aug 2011, 10:17
Here you go

Jungle Survival Kit | Marine-Aircraft-Land | aaaSurvivalProducts (http://www.aaasurvivalproducts.com/survival-kits-marine-aviation/jungle-survival-kit)

gipsy moth
11th Aug 2011, 14:54
Cheaper option and very reliable

http://international.findmespot.com/

paulsalem
15th Aug 2011, 02:33
Thanks for the help guys.