PDA

View Full Version : BHX AMAZING

moist
10th Aug 2011, 10:49
Just like to sat a HUGE thank you to BHX Airport for sending me off so brilliantly into my retirement last night. The controllers for their help (even London Control knew about it!!), the fire department for the amazing water salute (which incredible has a rainbow appear at the very center and the guys from Serviceair and Storm who came to meet the aircraft.
It was truly an amazing end to my flying career.
Thank you again and good luck to all of you remaining in aviation!

Capt T January (ex -bmibaby) :D:D:D

AirportsEd
10th Aug 2011, 11:04
Capt T January (ex -bmibaby)
And Birmex...
I remember you reporting to crewing when you joined Birmex and you were a pleasure to work with.
Good luck in your retirement (blimey, I must be getting old).
Ed

ninjaconnie
10th Aug 2011, 11:21
Tibor,
All the best, it's been a pleasure.Must meet for a beer sometime.
Steve Clarke

INKJET
10th Aug 2011, 12:19
Tibor all the best mate, notice how the price of oil went below a 100 dpb after news of your retirement! OK boys and girls back to cost index 23 now!!

cortilla
10th Aug 2011, 12:27
Tibor,

Had the pleasure of working with you when I worked on the ground in brum. All the best and enjoy retirement.

An ex dispatcher from aviance.

sam1993
10th Aug 2011, 12:39
All the best for your retirement. :ok: A few pictures of the Water canon salute and final landing are available on THIS SITE (http://www.flyintobhx.co.uk/index2.html). Click on the text on the image of the Blue Panorama aircraft on the right hand side of the page to see the images.
(http://bhxflightguide.********.com/)

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
10th Aug 2011, 12:43
Best of luck for a long, happy and healthy retirement Captain. If you ever flew into Heathrow we may have spoken!

Take care...

moist
10th Aug 2011, 13:23
Thanks to all of you for the kind comments.

Inkjet, I'd like a dividend for reducing the price of oil, where do I go to claim?

sam1993 please upload that link again, as it doesn't work for me

AirportsEd - I actually joined when it was already BEA, Birmex was "gone" by then.

Steve - yes please!

Heathrow Director - cheers, but that's the one place I've never flown into, ever!

Cortilla, great name - can't put a face to it :-))

Evanelpus
10th Aug 2011, 13:34
sam1993 please upload that link again, as it doesn't work for me

I've sent you a PM

sam1993
10th Aug 2011, 13:54
I have edited my post and also sent you a PM.

AirportsEd
10th Aug 2011, 14:15
Hi Tibor,
Yes but the callsign was still Birmex after we went from Executive to European.
All the best.

graham england
10th Aug 2011, 15:27
Enjoy your retirement Tibor.

Those happy days seem a long time ago now.

Good luck.

Graham

Cazza_fly
10th Aug 2011, 15:39
All the best for your retirment... Just a heads up for you... bmibaby have posted a picture and a comment on their Fcebook page even https://www.facebook.com/flybmibaby !

moist
10th Aug 2011, 16:10
Cheers Cazza, only I haven't been with baby for 20 years, even baby itself is just 8 or 9 now. Typical kid that wants to grow up quick! :-))) :D

crewmeal
10th Aug 2011, 17:51
No more Mrs Dyson's crewmeals, luck you!!

Good luck for the future Tibor

easyflyer83
10th Aug 2011, 18:17
So thats why we didn't have the water cannons here in Manchester last night.

Good luck for the future.

mathers_wales_uk
10th Aug 2011, 22:22
Best of luck with your retirement Tibor. Only met you the once but your name has been mentioned several times by the guys and girls of ex Aviance at Cardiff.

cortilla
10th Aug 2011, 22:42
I don't think you ever knew my proper name. You just always called me aviance. Left the company at the end of 2007.

splash&dash
11th Aug 2011, 09:17
Have a long, happy and healthy retirement Tibor! :ok:

It was a pleasure working with you at Maersk Air.
Ill send you a pm.

All the best!

Little Blue
11th Aug 2011, 09:22
Tibor,

As I said to you on FB, you ARE a legend and the skies will be a lot quieter without you ! I hope BHX security gave you a decent send-off as well ?!

Happy drumming, you old sod !
:ok:

FlyboyUK
11th Aug 2011, 17:05
Good luck Tibor and all the best:ok:

Invicta DC4
12th Aug 2011, 07:23
There is a YouTube video from the flightdeck of the aircraft taxiing in at BHX through the water salute. Can't post the link, but look for: WaterSalute.MOV

ericlday
12th Aug 2011, 07:42
Wonderful send off. A Happy and Healthy Retirement Captain.

Evanelpus
12th Aug 2011, 08:06
What a lovely video, something Tibor will have for the rest of his life.

moist
13th Aug 2011, 18:37
Thank you all again, for all the warm postings above. I am amazed at all the attention and just can't believe it.
Anyway, good luck to you all and hope Aviation gets fixed one of these days :D

Firestorm
15th Aug 2011, 05:38
Blimey Tibor! Retirement? I really didn't think you were old enough (you certainly don't behave it :rolleyes: )! Many congratulations, have a very happy time, and maybe we'll catch up in or around Leamington :)