PDA

View Full Version : TAE Aviation Adelaide closing down?

Kenneth
10th Aug 2011, 10:41
Have heard TAE Aviation Adelaide have scaled back or are closing down operations in Adelaide due to a number of recent mishaps. Anyone know if this is fact?

The mishaps ive heard are:

Titan wing blown up
Conquest ailerons rigged incorrectly and when the pilot got airborne he realised and had to abort the flight.
King air prop dropped and damaged.
Conquest vacuum instruments filled with hydraulic fluid due to incorrect lines connected:confused: is that even possible?
King Air dropped off of jacks... aircraft tail section badly damaged
1900 prop destroyed, wing leading edge and pressure vessel damaged when a toolbox was hit by prop on engine test.

Seems hard to believe considering i thought this place was a well run maintenance outfit.

The other question is (if the above is true) who is left to carry out GA maintenance in Adelaide?

The Truckie
11th Aug 2011, 02:33
Premiair is there. They have quality guys and do quality work not like TAE who charge the earth, take forever to do it, then don't do it right! Alot of good guys left and other good ones were put elsewhere which left the wrong people left to do the jobs, and you can see what has happened.

Paul Alfred
15th Aug 2011, 01:26
Any other recommendations than the one above for Piston Twins :ugh:

Thanks.

strim
15th Aug 2011, 03:08
Gulfstream at PF

airag
17th Aug 2011, 02:59
Any further news regarding TAE ?

Paul Alfred
22nd Aug 2011, 11:33
Really getting Desperate now for an Engineering company that can work on Class A Piston Twins :ugh::{ Anyone......can be regional SA.

Thanks

PA

brissy guy
3rd Dec 2011, 21:26
This place is a scary place as i have seen some of the work that they pushed out of the hangar, i would not send my aircraft there, Im suprised CASA has not pulled their approvals

Arnold E
3rd Dec 2011, 21:57
This place is a scary place as i have seen some of the work that they pushed out of the hangar,

Who are you refering to?? TAE or others mentioned here?