PDA

View Full Version : Singapore's Flight Experience Simulator

bloodsucker
9th Aug 2011, 18:31
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has tried out the Flight Experience Simulator at raffles yet? Its not exactly cheap, but still, its a full motion simulator and I was thinking of giving it a go sometime soon!

crazy_bird
9th Aug 2011, 19:57
hey, yea i did around a year ago, its definitely worth it !
a damn good experience :D

ReverseFlight
10th Aug 2011, 02:29
Hi Guys, FE at Raffles is not a full motion simulator but a fixed based flight training device which mimics the Boeing B737NG and is manufactured by Pacific Simulators of Christchurch, New Zealand.

In comparison, if you're not just hooked on Boeings, try SG Simulations at Orchard Central. They have a fixed base Airbus A320 flight training device but at much cheaper rates from S$115/hr (FE is S$275/hr).

bloodsucker
10th Aug 2011, 03:19
Thanks for the replies! ReverFlight, how does the orchard one compare to the one at raffles other than the pricing? I was looking at the FE site; it's packages sound very interesting. And it isnt full motion? If so, I would suppose then that the one at orchard is a fixed base sim as well?

ReverseFlight
10th Aug 2011, 11:06
Both are fixed base. The screen motion gives the illusion of flying in the air. As they are not Full Flight Sims, you won't get a jar in your spine if you land heavily or bounce. However, they're both realistic enough to give you bang for your buck.