PDA

View Full Version : New DGCA rule regarding Licence verification from Australian & NZ authority

josh121.5
9th Aug 2011, 17:10
It seems from now on DGCA dosent accept licence verification letter from Australia and New zealand that you submit by yourself , It has to be posted by either CASA or NZCAA directly to DGCA on the following email address : [email protected] , This was confirmed by Mr.Bharat Bhushan .

cyrilroy21
9th Aug 2011, 17:25
I can confirm the above for also FAA licenses .

Not sure about other authorities but for FAA just login to the verification request website and send a copy of the email verification to the above link .

But i thought it was the DGCA's responsibility to request it from the particular aviation authority ?

elitepilot20
9th Aug 2011, 17:31
whats the point??its gonna take more time to issue a licence by DGCA as they now will have to print every verification letter n put in the respective files n they have to search by name. :ugh:

smurf84
10th Aug 2011, 02:35
Right. The rule applies to every foreign CPL holder. Not just those issued by NZCAA and CASA.

josh121.5
10th Aug 2011, 05:39
@smurf : can u tell me how i can apply for the verification letter from CASA using form 452 . can i fax it to them or scan it and email it to them , btw do i need to give a covering letter along with the form 452 ? and usually how many days does CASA take to send the verification letter ??

smurf84
10th Aug 2011, 06:31
josh - You cannot scan Form 452 and send it to them. I suggest you complete the form and send it to CASA through DHL. It doesn't require a covering letter. I think you can fax it too. That would be the best option. It takes 5-7 working days to process the application for a verification letter. Once that is done, CASA will send it to the DGCA email id and possibly another copy to your account.

kshiteej_wizard
10th Aug 2011, 19:17
is this rule applicable to people who have applied for multi engine rating from AUS, NZ aswell?

smurf84
11th Aug 2011, 06:05
No matter what rating (multi, single, IR) or licence (JAR, CASA, FAA, CAA etc.) you hold, the verification report must be sent directly from the overseas regulatory authority to the email id mentioned above.