PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Salary

m2ka
9th Aug 2011, 00:26
I understand there is much more to life than pay, but unfurtunately pay is a very important consideration. I have a PPL but I would like to ignore that for now - I have also posted on here several times before but cant remember the username or password - so I have a new account. The question;

How much can a pilot expect to earn in 20 years if you started training for a PPL today.

So, first 18 months = training ... cost? (approx £70,000 is this still about right?)
And then presume you are lucky and land a job immediatly with say Easyjet.

Over the next 20 years how would you expect your salary to increase - I dont even know the starting salary anymore.

I understand there are many factors to take into consideration but I am just trying to figure out some 'realistic' numbers. All help is appreciated.

KAG
9th Aug 2011, 06:15
How much can a pilot expect to earn in 20 years if you started training for a PPL today.

Most likely: 0

There will of course be exceptions.

m2ka
10th Aug 2011, 19:26
Thanks guys for the 2 replies.

May be I should ask a slightly different question. On average how long does it take to climb through the ranks towards pilot.

i.e. (Again) 18 months training
x amount of time on props or instructing
x amount of time as FO

I've lost touch with flying and I'm trying to get my head around the working life of a pilot again!

Cheers

Halfwayback
10th Aug 2011, 19:36
M2KA

Welcome to Pprune!

May I suggest that you take a little time to look around the site - you will find out from Terms and Endearment a lot of information about salary.

If you read through the Wannabees forum and use the search function you will find out even more about the industry and the profession pilot's career. You will learn also about the rank structure and the progression from ab initio beginner to Captain.

By doing so not only will you learn a lot you will also be able to answer your own questions!

Good luck

HWB