PDA

View Full Version : Manchester - Sunday 8th August

David Sharpe
8th Aug 2011, 19:37
Apologies if this is already in another forum, but I wondered if anybody knew why there were a number of holding delays into Manchester last night. Listening to airband around 2130, aircraft were being instructed to hold, and a check of Casper today indicates that holding took place until at least 2330, with 30 minute holds at the peak. It seems a bit extreme for this late at night, so I wondered if there were any problems that anybody was aware of ?

I know that there had been an emergency at Leeds Bradford earlier in the evening, but I assume this was all sorted by this time.

Any feedback appreciated.

Dave.

Mr @ Spotty M
8th Aug 2011, 20:22
Don't know why, but our B757 diverted to LPL for fuel, l also thought unusual time, maybe weather.
By the way yesterday was the 7th.

Suzeman
8th Aug 2011, 20:44
There are always delays at that time of night at present when the airport goes to single runway (23L in this case) due to the night works on 23R and of course there is no parallel taxiway, so the inbound flow is much reduced.

Looking at the FR24 replay you are quite right that there were 30 min holds at worst. There were a lot of inbounds between 2130 and 2300 - don't know how many may have been running late. And of course you don't see all the aircraft on Casper etc eg FlyBe etc

The MON 757 presumably hadn't got much holding fuel as it was only at DAYNE for about 10 minutes before it went to LPL

Suzeman