PDA

View Full Version : Malaga: Good, Luton: Bad

rcowan
8th Aug 2011, 12:08
Having just got back from my family hoilday in Marbella, having not been there for five years I couldnt help but notice the massive gap in quality between Luton and Malaga Airport. For example took a late night flight to Malaga: Luggage collected within 15 mins, free trolleys, good and free pick up'drop off right by the terminal, Starbucks galore, staff that actually cared for their roles etc... Late flight to Luton: nearly one hour to wait for luggage, chargable trolleys, staff who were unfriendly (when you could actually find them...), chargable pick-up/drop off area (and a walk to the terminal....). I dont know if Malaga is typical of Spanish Airports but if it is then I'm quite happy to let our Spanish cousins take all of our Airports over!!! :)

Anyone got comments on this?

IB4138
8th Aug 2011, 14:34
There is one big problem with your wish......UK Border Control.

rcowan
8th Aug 2011, 15:34
Sorry not with you on this one, but to to be fair it wasnt the UK Border guys who were the problem the other night, it was the baggage guys. I quote the rather bored guy operating the luggage carousel controls "sorry mate we've had a couple of flights coming in at the same time...."

Really? Planes landing within a few mins of each other? At an airport? Who'd have thought?? :ugh:

Hotel Tango
8th Aug 2011, 18:36
Blame it on management who want the minimum staff on duty to minimise costs and maximise personal bonuses.

Aksai Oiler
8th Aug 2011, 18:39
To be honest Malaga is not so perfect either - particularly the Policia Nacional - whom have a habit (from my experience) of having one passport station open when two or three flights arrive into Pier C, and one originates in Eastern Europe.

Must admit though, I have not been to Luton for the best part of 22 years, so I cannot really comment on that

Evanelpus
9th Aug 2011, 13:08
"sorry mate we've had a couple of flights coming in at the same time...."

Every late night arrival back at Luton has been nothing but trouble for me. Maybe I'm just unlucky but if I looked at the arrivals board, always seemed to coincide with the arrival of at least two, sometimes three, other flights.

Having said that my last arrival at Luton was perfect. Home about teatime on the day of action by staff (30th June), straight off the a/c, whipped through passport control, got my bags and was in my car less than 30 minutes after touchdown, so a pat on the back for that one.

compton3bravo
9th Aug 2011, 18:19
One problem still to be sorted out at Malaga is security especially if you are travelling from Terminal 2 where most UK low cost flights operate from. Security is in Terminal 3 and after drop off at Terminal 2 a long walk to security and then another long walk back to Terminal 2. Also beware all the shops are in the Terminal 3 area as are the bars etc. airside.
Must say the last few times being through Luton had no problems except for UK Border Control but have had problems in the past regarding baggage.

MKY661
9th Aug 2011, 22:03
it has been sort of sorted out. Only EasyJet, Jet2 & Ryanair in T2 now. All other UK airlines check in T3