PDA

View Full Version : Legendary flying clubs of India

kanpurcivil
7th Aug 2011, 12:17
Hello.I am looking for information about the historic and legendary flying clubs of India like the Hind Provincial Flying Club(Kanpur), Jaipur Flying Club, Jodhpur Flying Club etc. These are just of few names in the long history of Civil Aviation in India. Most of these legendary flying clubs have now stopped functioning and so finding any information is very difficult. I am myself a pilot having learned flying at Kanpur itself. During my flying days I came to know about the history of the Hind Provincial Flying Club. With a fleet consisting of more than 42 different types of aircrafts it was the largest flying club on the Indian subcontinent. Similar is the history of several other flying clubs.

I would deeply appreciate if any one who has been associated with any of these flying clubs or has old pictures,documents or anything relating to these flying clubs, could help me gather information.I am trying to collect as much information as possible and then probably compile it in a book or in website.

If you have any information,photos etc. or you would like to share your memories then just drop me an email at: [email protected]

In order to preserve the history of civil aviation in India please contribute generously.

Planemike
7th Aug 2011, 15:36
I see there is a book called " The History of the Jodhpur Flying Club " by Peter Vacher.............. Wonder if you have seen it? Looks to be the sort of thing you are after.

Planemike

KeMac
7th Aug 2011, 16:38
Welcome to the forums Kanpurcivil. I am researching the history of INA and their involvement with Airwork. I have just sent a message to you regarding a possible lead.

Kind Regards
KeMac

flyingdogsarecool
13th Nov 2011, 08:12
Are you still at this address?

I might have some interesting information on Hind Flying Club from 1942. My chacha flew for the British, spitfires and hurricanes. Let me know if you are interested. I live in the US and have been wanting to rent a Cessna around Lucknow area. Can't find one. Any leads?

Ramit