PDA

View Full Version : Politicians

crewmeal
7th Aug 2011, 04:55
Listening to good old BBC Radio 4 PM and heard a really good, appropiate joke from Australia:

Why are politicians like bananas? Because they start green, turn yellow and none of them are straight!!

Now thinking about certain MPs that have been recently jailed for their expenses fraud, then I agree that some jokes are so near the mark.

But then again chickens do come home to roost sometimes:

Jailed Labour expenses MP loses his 3,000 Rolex after attack by fellow inmate | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2023237/Jailed-Labour-expenses-MP-loses-3-000-Rolex-attack-fellow-inmate.html)

Pom Pax
8th Aug 2011, 18:14
Abbot looked at Gillard, chuckled and said, "You know, I could throw a $100 note out of the window right now and make somebody very happy." Gillard shrugged her shoulders and replied, "I could throw ten $100 notes out of the window and make ten people very happy".
Hearing their exchange, the pilot of the plane said to his co-pilot,"Such big-shots back there. I could throw both of them out of the window and make 23 million people very happy!"
If you're one of the 23 million keep this going!

11Fan
8th Aug 2011, 20:03
The trouble with politicians is that you can't live with em, and you can't shoot em......

wait a minute....

Lon More
8th Aug 2011, 21:19
Going to prison is like living your life over again. You should go in with nothing and hope to leave in the same state.

Wonder if he's also lost his virginity?

Gertrude the Wombat
9th Aug 2011, 19:48
The trouble with politicians is that you can't live with em
I know many politicians whose families live with them perfectly happily.

11Fan
9th Aug 2011, 23:06
Perhaps if I had inserted the word "some", the joke may had been funnier....:ouch:

gingernut
10th Aug 2011, 22:54
I know many prisoners whose families live with them perfectly happily.

Kharon
11th Aug 2011, 09:50
Pollies are like nappies; they to be changed regularly and usually for the same reason. :D

Gertrude the Wombat
11th Aug 2011, 18:07
I know many prisoners
I can only bow to your greater knowledge, I'm afraid I don't move in those circles myself.

bnt
12th Aug 2011, 11:00
I know many prisoners whose families live with them perfectly happily.
I can only bow to your greater knowledge, I'm afraid I don't move in those circles myself.
Doesn't he live in Australia? That was my first thought ... I'll get my coat, etc ... :ouch: