PDA

View Full Version : Central Flight Training

Desert Strip Basher
6th Aug 2011, 15:39
Do any past or present students have any feedback on this relatively new start up training provider?

Desert Strip Basher
7th Aug 2011, 09:44
From another thread on here I think the owners are from a previous midlands FTO at Halfpenny Green so I think that's where the consistency claims come from. Any other input appreciated.

taxi_driver
7th Aug 2011, 20:25
I dont think there are any "past" students as such, they've only been running a very short time, and approvals have only just been granted.

Good luck to anyone setting up an FTO from scratch in the current economic climate and the very very difficult GA economic climate!

ariel
8th Aug 2011, 14:37
I undertook my FI rating with the people who have formed this company when they where at Halfpenny Green; they offer very professional and very efficient training.

They state that they are 'consistent' because they most certainly are. They have a great many past students from when they were operating at Halfpenny Green, plus a very good reputation.

The CFI of this company is held in high regard in aviation circles, and quite frankly, what he doesn't know, isn't worth knowing, he is an extremely knowledgeable person.

Desert Strip Basher - Why not give them a call if you have training requirements?

As a former student, I wish them the very best of luck with their new FTO.

moggiee
10th Aug 2011, 17:49
SoCalApp - hope you don't get dizzy sitting up there on your high horse!

The people running CFT are a group of top quality instructors who have excellent reputations and track records from their previous positions at other FTOs. They have also worked together for a considerable period of time and as such are a well integrated team. Ariel's assessment is spot on.

Experience and skill transfer over from one post to the next - especially when staying within the same field. After all, that's why we have CVs (resumes in the US) and references.

Desert Strip Basher - I think that you would be hard pressed to find a better bunch, so why not go see them and get a feel for the place? Craig, Alan and Stuart will welcome a visit.

Whiskey Charlie
12th Aug 2011, 11:32
Even mentioning their names might be of use to those wishing to check on them

Socal, I tend to agree abut their website, it could do with additional info. for new customers, but they have fairly recently launched the website so give them time, I'm sure they'll update it.:)

In response to the original question- I am a past student of all 3 instructors from when they were running a flight school at EGBO. They have now simply moved and set up shop at Tatenhill, so they are newly in business at Tatenhill, but not newly in business.

I would definetely recommend them 100%. They are brilliant instructors who don't mess around, they just get the job done of training you quickly and efficiently. They have a huge amount of experience, they are not instructors out of an ab-initio airline pilot course who can't get jobs as airline pilots and so instructing instead. They are as they describe themselves on their website 'career instructors' which makes a huge difference because it means your being taught by people that are in their jobs out of choice, not out of necessity.

I also found that they are honest and upfront with you about costs etc. They are not the sort who would run off with your money and then declare the business bust.

Hope that helps.

Scott C
14th Aug 2011, 13:34
As soon as I have got the required hours logged, plus a few more, I shall be doing my training with CFT as I fly from Tatenhill anyway.

I had a chat with one of the instructors a few weeks ago and was impressed with what they had to offer and it made a difference to speak to someone who was honest and upfront instead of it being like any of the 'major' FTO's, that kid you that by joining them you have much better job prospects! - I'm a believer that it doesn't matter where you train, it's still the same licence at the end of it all and if an Airline wants to employ you, they will.

Just as a extra...the Picture of the Comanche on their website, with the landing gear down, coming in to land, is of me flying it! :O