PDA

View Full Version : Piper Cub...and a blonde moment

Krystal n chips
6th Aug 2011, 11:07
As a general rule, I do respect ladies...however, in this case, madam does appear to have had several blonde moments..to read her responses..

BBC News - Pilot Myrtle Rose prompts alert during Obama visit (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14428377)

However, there is a potential silver lining here...one, ahem, "notes with interest" that she is a widow, attractive, still flies, and......has tail dragger experience with her Piper Cub :ok: no less....which can be fitted with, erm, a towing hook..albeit t'aint the best tug in the world but you do get airborne..eventually.....so I was thinking.....:E

Krystal n chips
6th Aug 2011, 12:11
I am somewhat younger than she is....and very low maintenance...plus I have done some dope and fabric repairs....:E

603DX
6th Aug 2011, 12:12
Careful study of the photograph suggests a defence, should Myrtle be unfortunate enough to be prosecuted: "It was the teddy bear flying the Cub at the time". :)

ChrisVJ
6th Aug 2011, 16:51
I know these things are a petty annoyance but scrambling a couple of F16s for a Piper Cub does seem a bit over the top. (They could probably do with the exercise, if they don't have the real thing they'd probably just have to go up and fly simulated emergencies anyway.) If I were to attack someone a Cub would not be my first choice of weapon.

The idea that whole swathes of airspace need to be closed for any single person is a bit off to my way of thinking, though I is worse in some other countries. In Thailand they virtually close down the whole country if royalty is flying anywhere.

Perhaps the worse aspect is that with all the publicity the FAA will feel obliged to punish just because of the need to be seen to be doing something. Don't you get the impression that the whole world is just a bit over hyped these days?

ChristiaanJ
6th Aug 2011, 17:51
"The FAA will feel obliged to punish....."

How do you 'punish' a Teddy Bear ?????

CJ

11Fan
6th Aug 2011, 17:52
Did you happen to notice that the registration on that Cub was N-GILF ?

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/kijGCGujzwCWQ0i7Ior.wg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD0zNDI7cT04NTt3PTUxMg--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/7c54d1917a710411f50e6a706700087f.jpg

green granite
6th Aug 2011, 18:07
I would love to have seen the F16's trying to slow down enough to formate on a Cub. :E

G-CPTN
6th Aug 2011, 18:14
Nose-up attitude?

DX Wombat
6th Aug 2011, 18:21
Did you happen to notice that the registration on that Cub was N-GILF ?:confused: I think you will find it is N352. :ok:

finfly1
6th Aug 2011, 19:30
Land of the Free and Home of the Brave.

I agree with ChrisV, but my own feelings are a good deal less restrained than his.

Common sense has long ago fled the shores of the USofA. From the thread on the radiation danger from sitting in an old cockpit in UK, I guess that UK is not where it has found refuge either.

I also wondered what said military planes would do if she throttled back to about 35mph awhile.

And 'there but the grace of God', as I neglected one day to check out where King O was going to be on that particular day, and only just in the nick of time found out that my own piece of sky had been taken away from me for that day. It truly stinks.

Parapunter
6th Aug 2011, 19:46
America - home of the brave. Of course it's easy to be brave when you're flying around in an invisible bomber no one can actually shoot at.

Al Murray.

gingernut
6th Aug 2011, 19:49
Are you getting old when boundries blur between GILF and MILF ?

ShyTorque
6th Aug 2011, 19:56
Gingernut, you saying that you'd swing her prop for her, then, eh? :E

11Fan
6th Aug 2011, 19:57
Finally..... someone got it.

G-CPTN
6th Aug 2011, 20:17
Finally..... someone got it.
You misunderestimate me . . .

11Fan
6th Aug 2011, 20:21
Indeed, I did.

pigboat
6th Aug 2011, 20:35
Was Barry getting a haircut, err whaa? ;)

galaxy flyer
6th Aug 2011, 21:26
Goes to show the combined paranoia and unreasonable power of the Secret Service, especially since 9/11. Everywhere the President goes, the 20 mile circle around him is sterilized and aviation stops--who the h--l thinks the President is so important? Absolute rubbish and it has been for some time.

GF

barit1
6th Aug 2011, 21:34
I do believe the two patriotic American F-16 jocks posed a greater threat to the birthday boy, than did Grandma in a 70-year-old wood-and-fabric J-3.

Am I somehow confirming Janet Incompetano's 2009 Rightwing Extremism (http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2009/04/14/37528/dhs-report-right-wing/) threat assessment report?

mustpost
6th Aug 2011, 21:45
Am I somehow confirming Janet Incompetano's 2009 Rightwing Extremism (http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2009/04/14/37528/dhs-report-right-wing/) threat assessment report?
Neat! now we're finally getting to the nub of S & P's downgrading - Republican petty infighting/paranoid flat earth thinking - oooops
wrong forum..(not even prooone)