PDA

View Full Version : Another Stephen Lawrence?

crisso
5th Aug 2011, 10:24
Seven youths labelled a 'pack of animals' given total of 74 years in prison over murder of schoolboy, 16 | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2022508/Seven-youths-labelled-pack-animals-given-total-74-years-prison-murder-schoolboy-16.html)

Oh no, silly me - the victim was white and the assailants were black...

So, where have all the luvvie equality protestors gone to then?

sitigeltfel
5th Aug 2011, 10:32
Shirley you don't believe there was any hint of racism? Shame on you!

Lon More
5th Aug 2011, 10:36
Even if the death penalty was bought back they.d be too young to hang.

Life imprisonment; and it should be life, not ten years. Also split them up, preferably in prison wings full of predominently white males and they'd soon learn to play hide the soap at the very least.

Alternative; bang them over the head and chuck them over the fence at Longleat or Wipsnade

Cacophonix
5th Aug 2011, 10:48
Er fellahs I think you are missing the point here! Here the perps have been caught and are going to do the time (hard time I hope)!

In the Lawrence case, the perps are/were still walking the streets. Is that right? Is that just? I guess that is why so many people saw fit to protest when it was clear who the perps were.

Man, this place becomes more like the reading room of the St Stephen's club every day. An occasional harumph disturbed only by the rustle of the Daily Mail and not a woman in sight.;)

Caco

MagnusP
5th Aug 2011, 11:09
Oh, c'mon Caco; Slasher does his best to ensure regular sightings which are clearly female in nature. :ok:

stuckgear
5th Aug 2011, 11:16
the perps have been caught and are going to do the time (hard time I hope)

hah ! not in this country. they have 'rights' you know. playstations, counselling blah blah.

In the Lawrence case, the perps are/were still walking the streets. Is that right?

yes and no.

In 2002, two men accused in the Lawrence case, David Norris and Neil Acourt, were convicted and jailed for a racist attack on a plainclothes black police officer.
In July 2010, Gary Dobson was jailed for five years for dealing in drugs.

as for your daily mail reference, in contrast...

On 14 February 1997, the Daily Mail newspaper labelled all five of those believed to have attacked and killed Lawrence "murderers", challenging them to sue the newspaper for libel if they were wrong.

The headline read "Murderers: The Mail accuses these men of killing. If we are wrong, let them sue us." Underneath this headline appeared pictures of Gary Dobson, Neil Acourt, Jamie Acourt, Luke Knight, and David Norris.To date, the men have not sued, but they have used appearances in the media to protest their innocence. The Attorney General later cleared the Daily Mail of contempt of court.

the stark difference between the Lawrence murder and the murder of Pearton is the once again the Met proved that it has significant problems in organising a piss up in a brewery and in the case of Pearton there was significant evidence available on CCTV. without the CCTV evidence available it's probably just as likely Pearton's murders would have got off due to insufficient evidence.

bang them over the head and chuck them over the fence at Longleat or Wipsnade

'nuff said!

Dawdler
5th Aug 2011, 11:39
There is a case reported this week in my locality of a vulnerable young woman with certain learning difficulties, who was taken to a remote spot by a mixed group of five "friends" (as she thought). They attacked, stripped and eventually killed her.

During the court hearing four of the five thought the whole proceedings were a joke. Only one seemed to realise the seriousness of the crime. The other four pointed the finger at the fifth, as they fooled around in the dock. Attitudes changed when the verdicts were announced, Three of the four were convicted of murder the other two (including the fifth man) were convicted of the lesser charge of manslaughter. Abuse was hurled at the judge, jury and anyone else who happened to be in court, including their colleagues in the dock. All the accused were in their late teens/early twenties and three of them were parents themselves.

How were they brought up to not realise that killing someone, mentally slow or not was nothing but a joke? I despair.

Nick Riviera
5th Aug 2011, 12:08
Caco

"An occasional harumph disturbed only by the rustle of the Daily Mail "

Stuckgear beat me to it. Which was the only paper to publish the names of the suspects in defiance of being held in contempt? Must have been the Grauniad or the Independent or some other right-on paper surely? Oh no, it was the Mail. Kind of makes your comments look a little bit silly.

5th Aug 2011, 12:11
Er fellahs I think you are missing the point here!

What point?
maybe it's the one where this case was reported on BBC and Sky news yesterday and despite the 7 convicted people being black and the victim being white, not one of the reporters or police spokesmen mentioned anything about it being considered as a race crime.

I wonder why that was!

Ancient Observer
5th Aug 2011, 12:25
...er, OK, I'll bite. Wot's the "St. Stephens Club"???

My dad used to belong to a Lodge of that name. Is that it?

Blacksheep
5th Aug 2011, 12:28
The animals who murdered the girl with a "learning disability" joked among themselves because they thought they were in the clear. They believed that only the one who struck the fatal blow was actually guilty of murder and since it could not be proved which of them struck that blow, they would "get off". The same thing happened in the case of the seven animals who killed the schoolboy. They believed that only the individual one who stabbed him through the heart could be convicted.

Its sad to see youngsters leaving school unable to read or write. Its even worse when we have youths roaming our streets who believe that no-one has the right to excercise any control over them, violence is normal, and who are unaware of the principal of collective guilt. Believing that unless the perpetrator can be individually identified they cannot be convicted, they believe they can get away with anything.

tony draper
5th Aug 2011, 15:19
Hardly surprising Mr B, 90% of the time they do.:)

stuckgear
5th Aug 2011, 15:31
hey Dr. Nick, long time no see. :ok:

AO...

St Stephen?s Club ? Queen Anne's gate, Westminster private club, SW1H club (http://www.ststephensclub.co.uk/)

St Stephen’s Club is one of London's most authentic private clubs. Situated in a listed Victorian town house at Queen Anne’s Gate, and with roots stretching back 130 years, this is a place that has always attracted the great and the good - from Harold Macmillan to Margaret Thatcher.
Today St Stephen’s is both a social hub and a cosy retreat in the heart of Westminster, treating all guests with discretion, warmth and efficiency. Members span all ages and walks of life

Pprune is hardly comparable to St. Stephens Club, who wants to trudge through the West End in the rain with the strays, rolling in their own feces, haranguing you for loose change, when you can Pprune in the comfort of your own study or library, receiving a foot massage from a couple of Thai house maids.

Tish and piffle dear boy!

sawasdee.

Lon More
5th Aug 2011, 15:32
Maybe it's time to consider Sherrif Joe's (http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/m/miracopjail.htm) approch to prisoners. Overcrowding, no problem, put them in tents. Make them earn their food and pay for their guards.
Parole, sorry, not in my dictionary.

... and don't they look pretty in pink.:O

http://newsfornatives.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/image1.png
posting their pictures dressed like this around their neighbourhood should have an effect on their street cred.

Dawdler
5th Aug 2011, 18:55
posting their pictures dressed like this around their neighbourhood should have an effect on their street cred.

That wouldn't be allowed to happen in the UK. Public humiliation is not legal. I remember the case of the employer who caught a worker with his hand in the till (so to speak), He put a placard round the man's neck branding him a thief and marched him to the police station. Guess who got prosecuted?

Lon More
5th Aug 2011, 20:22
In the UK the lunatics (from the PM down) are in charge of the asylum. Hiding behind the excuse that "The EU made us do it"' is pathetic.

Rollingthunder
6th Aug 2011, 05:32
You let too many SFB immigrants and their kids in. There are enough SFBs already in the country.

Capetonian
6th Aug 2011, 06:11
I object to the use of the word 'animals' in describing these pond-life scum. Animals do not kill their own species other than, rarely, for survival or to destroy the weaker in the family.

Now come to think of it, there's an excuse that some bleeding heart liberal defence lawyer might use in defence of The animals who murdered the girl with a "learning disability".

"Your worship, my client murdered this person as he felt that doing so would improve the gene pool. It was an instinctive act performed in the the interest of humanity."

"Ah, in that case we'll give him £500 out of the poorbox and a luxury safari holiday in South Africa."

connoisseur
6th Aug 2011, 06:30
I read somewhere that the most extreme UK based Fascist/Christian fundamentalist web forums had been taken off line - so welcome back guys, good to see you've found a comfortable home :ok:

noisy
6th Aug 2011, 06:46
"That wouldn't be allowed to happen in the UK. Public humiliation is not legal"

Those men are wearing high visibility prison uniforms to keep them safe while working by the roadside. *cough*

Going back to topic, I think it would be incorrect for this offence to be considered not to have any level of racial motivation, but then I'm not a police officer. In any case, it will not bring the dead boy back. :(

Cacophonix
6th Aug 2011, 07:25
Stuckgear beat me to it. Which was the only paper to publish the names of the suspects in defiance of being held in contempt? Must have been the Grauniad or the Independent or some other right-on paper surely? Oh no, it was the Mail. Kind of makes your comments look a little bit silly.

Nick the comment was made with a big smile on my face. Hey, even I read the Mail sometimes! ;)

Bronx
6th Aug 2011, 08:45
That wouldn't be allowed to happen in the UK. Public humiliation is not legal. I remember the case of the employer who caught a worker with his hand in the till (so to speak), He put a placard round the man's neck branding him a thief and marched him to the police station. Guess who got prosecuted?

The boss.
The cops cautioned the thief. :rolleyes:

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/sep2008/9/5/B3192411-9809-158A-F82EE1067C35BAF8.jpg

Men who paraded thief with sign around neck walk free from court - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/3834822/Men-who-paraded-thief-with-sign-around-neck-walk-free-from-court.html)

Floored: boss pays £13,000 for 'humiliating' worker who stole £845 | UK news | The Guardian (http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/feb/15/boss-fined-for-humiliating-thief)

Nick Riviera
8th Aug 2011, 11:43
Hey Stuckie. I'm still hanging around here but you will mostly find me on the cricket thread these days :)

G-CPTN
3rd Jan 2012, 15:40
Two out of five ain't bad - for a start . . .

radeng
3rd Jan 2012, 15:46
I can't help wondering what will happen at the appeal........

Storminnorm
3rd Jan 2012, 15:49
I think most of the appeal hearing will be drowned out by laughter.
At least, I hope so.

Tankertrashnav
3rd Jan 2012, 16:37
Not my daily read of choice, but credit where it's due

Home | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html)

Worth clicking on the link and listening to what editor Paul Dacre has to say. Journalists always exaggerate their influence on events, but there is a lot in what he says.