View Full Version : McDonald's Ad on Pprune

clunk1001
5th Aug 2011, 08:53
We've all seen the SSTR and Line Training Ads here, flashing away at the top of the page.

Well I just had to post this when I saw a McDonald's Apprenticeship ad pop up! It was a genuine ad to join McDonalds, and linked to their recruitment page - its the only add on Pprune I've ever clicked :O

That says more about the state of the industry than most posts on here put together!

mona lot
5th Aug 2011, 09:06
Was a pay to fry scheme?

aloha1985
5th Aug 2011, 11:08
Was a pay to fry scheme?

Hahahahaha

170to5
5th Aug 2011, 11:57
Was a pay to fry scheme?

Post of the day

Tekor Bali
5th Aug 2011, 12:17
mona lot...
YOU WIN !!!:ok:

JSCL
5th Aug 2011, 15:03
As someone experted - that'll likely have been the Google specific ads and not the ones directly done by paying PPRuNe monthly revenues.

If you've recently Googled for e.g. Jobs or Food Jobs or anything that might relate, Google will have picked up on it and is pushing ads to you based on your recent internet searches.

clunk1001
5th Aug 2011, 15:36
Trust me "Jobs at McDonalds" is the very last thing I'd ever be putting into my google searches. I suspect if it was based on internet searches, the banner would contain significantly more 'girlie', and considerably less 'helicopter' than it currently does :O

Strangely, it is the only non-aviation related ad I've ever seen. Anyone else seen it?

JSCL
5th Aug 2011, 15:38
I get lots of unrelated ads in the right hand side column, the skyscraper as slot. More based on what I browse.

clunk1001
5th Aug 2011, 15:40
This was the big banner at the top - that has always previously been aviation related.

OutsideCAS
5th Aug 2011, 16:02
Smart move for McDonald's - they have realised it is wise to attract reasonably educated talent to their outlets and employ them, they do this by offering better salaries and prospects than currently available at your average airline.

clunk1001
5th Aug 2011, 16:05
OutsideCAS - if that's the case I wonder how long it would be before CTC contact them to provide the 'selection' process? (chargeable of course)!

Mohit_C
6th Aug 2011, 08:23
Don't forget paying up front for the BQC (Burger Qualification Course)!

L'aviateur
6th Aug 2011, 09:10
If you can swallow your pride, could be a good way to ride out the possible upcoming double dip recession and still continue to build hours/instruct at the same time.

KAG
6th Aug 2011, 09:35
Might want to have a look at this thread:

http://www.pprune.org/jet-blast/444633-eagle-jet-pprune.html

onetrack
6th Aug 2011, 10:40
I'll wager there's more than one pilot, who has substantially exceeded his skills levels, and created a costly mess... who has gone on to a more suitable position that matches his skills... such as flipping burgers at McDonalds... :suspect:

d71146
6th Aug 2011, 13:28
I wonder if the positions are 'Pay to Fry' or 'Bonded' in any way.

G-HALE
6th Aug 2011, 13:36
Just forget about it, its easier to get into a pay to fry scheme with your local chippy or kebab house. They dont care where you did your BQC training as long as you have the piece of paper to say you can do it.
McDonalds even charge you for your uniform :ugh:
KFC is the way to go :ok: "Kippers Frying Club".