PDA

View Full Version : who dares wins

nepoleon
19th Feb 2001, 14:45
I've just gone through one of those weekends where I am at a crossroads,do I carry on or do I stop count my losses and go back to being a surveyor.

I was talking to a few people involved in a large airline this weekend and they were saying things that I really didn't want to hear and giving a bleak outlook for any recently qualified commercial pilot.

I would appreciate any recently qualified cpl/ir's etc to give their experiences in finding an airline position or not if the case maybe.

Enthusiasm and determination are not enough these days, do you know the secret ingredient?

RVR800
19th Feb 2001, 17:51
...its jam yesterday and jam tomorrow...

What were these gentlemen saying exactly..?

1 Contacts
2 Hours
3 Hours
4 Hours
5 MCC
6 Hours

[This message has been edited by RVR800 (edited 19 February 2001).]

Jetheat
19th Feb 2001, 17:59
Refer to my thread posted a few days ago:

Topic: The single most important word to wannabee.

batty
19th Feb 2001, 19:19
I am a new CPL/IR and having the same problems as you, ie PFONMH.
All I can say is keep at it mate, you will get there one day, and each day is a day closer to the RHS.
Remember why you did it to start with

DeltaTango
19th Feb 2001, 22:05
nepoleon.....don't despair

We are so many in the same boat that it's close to sinking.
Trust me on this one:
you could be worse off!!!

Good-luck
DT

ChampagneSupernova
20th Feb 2001, 07:33
Well said batty & DT. Nepolean, I'm sure that in 30 years from now you'll be kicking yourself for not doing with your life what "you should have"!
We're all only here for a very short time so doing something different to the majority..DONT GIVE UP, NEVER GIVE IN, AND BELIEVE IN YOURSELF MAN!

------------------
Do you Believe??

nepoleon
20th Feb 2001, 19:42
thanks chaps

I was just on a downer the other day.It's great to have people you can e-mail who are in the same boat albeit sinking.With my new found enthusiasm I'm guna get that job look out Virgin and look out Ba.

see you on that flight deck

nepoleon signing off