PDA

View Full Version : Subload Travel Usa

bar none
4th Aug 2011, 15:30
As a retired staff member I am out of the loop re load factors and subload travel on Usa internal flights.
Can anybody advise me as to which days of the week are most promising for subload travel. I would imagine Sunday am or Monday pm give the most chance or are nearly all domestic flights full nowadays.
I am specifically interested in Atl-Dfw and Dfw-Lax.

mutt
4th Aug 2011, 16:34
Check out www.flyzed.com for loads, your airline travel office should be able to give you the user name and password.

Hotel Tango
6th Aug 2011, 16:09
bar none, my experience was that late morning and early afternoon flights, with perhaps the exception of Mondays (AM), Fridays (PM) and Sundays (PM) generally gave you a reasonable chance. A lot depends on which city pairs one is flying. Flying through major hubs such as ATL and DFW can make things frustrating because of the many connecting pax. It can happen that a delayed incoming flight with with numerous connecting pax for an outward flight (from the hub) will suddenly release a load of seats on what was originally a full flight out. Those pax will then be accommodated on later flights, which may have been showing availability, rendering them full. You just have to be patient. My worst experience was ATL-FLL when an earlier flight was cancelled. It was a full L-1011. Consequently, later flights (which I was aiming for because they showed availability) became full. I did finally get away albeit some 6 hours later than planned. At least there were plenty of flights between ATL and FLL which helped.

RevMan2
9th Aug 2011, 19:22
Go to Amadeus.net, select Flights-Availability, enter route and date, select the flight you want to use and click on "Show flight details".

If you see 7 seats in all classes, there's loads of space, 4 and less and it's going to be a bit nervy.

Then of course there's the apocryphal tale of someone calling to list, asking about the loading and being told that there were 60 seats available and turning up at the airport as 64th of 93 standbys