PDA

View Full Version : Mark Warner BA Charter Flights

Grabbers
4th Aug 2011, 11:59
Hello

Quickie for the collective PPRuNe 'hive mind'.

With holiday company Mark Warner they now charter BA aircraft on occasion. As it's a charter can one expect usual levels of BA service or is it a stripped down 'EasyBA' version?

Twelve Bar Blues
4th Aug 2011, 13:11
Took the BA flight to Sardinia in June, full BA service. Paid an extra £75 for return flight club seat, well worth it, in fact, best part of the holiday:bored:

Grabbers
4th Aug 2011, 13:48
Er, thanks. I think...:confused:

WHBM
4th Aug 2011, 15:55
Charter service depends entirely on what the charterer has asked for, and paid for. If you go on a PR event like a charter on one of the cheapo pay-for-everything IT airlines to say a new car launch in Europe, it's free champagne all the way.

Obvously one of the options BA can offer any charterer is their "standard" service, as that's what they and their catering contractor are familiar with. As this is a tour operator who considers they are "high end" then they are unlkely to cut down the standard offering (which is actually no big deal nowadays anyway).

One thing you don't get is miles for the BA Exec Club. That's for scheduled flights.

A2QFI
4th Aug 2011, 17:47
I am going on a Thomas Cook holiday with the flights provided by a European national carrier. I know that TC's ludicrous baggage regulations are being applied! Hand luggage is a large sponge bag weight 5Kgs and hold baggage limited to 15kg unless one pays extra!

Twelve Bar Blues
5th Aug 2011, 18:52
Grabbers, see here:

Villaggio Veraclub Perdepera Resort Reviews and Photos, Cardedu, Italy - TripAdvisor (http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g1028602-d1506739-Reviews-Villaggio_Veraclub_Perdepera-Cardedu_Sardinia.html)

Grabbers
14th Aug 2011, 15:52
Thanks peoples

Should you be travelling a similar route in the near future I can tell you that the service we received was typical, good, BA service. The outbound leg in economy was standard economy but the crew took the time to look after the children. Club Europe on the return leg was also as I expected. Can't fault them really.:ok:

Thanks to the crew should they read this. Much appreciated.

JUAN TRIPP
14th Aug 2011, 21:25
Grabbers,

Although I wasn't the actual crew, its always nice to hear favourable comments. Thanks :D