View Full Version : Crew Hotel Odessa

FlyMD
4th Aug 2011, 09:05
Looking for the suitable crew hotel in Odessa, Ukraine, for a couple nights. Ideally central, good 4-Star standard... Anybody?

Boss Raptor
4th Aug 2011, 10:00
Hotel London - quiet, centrally placed, not so pricy, good rooms, good brekfast, pleasant service - this is certainly my recommendation, avoid any of the hotels towards the ' beach resort' end of the city as they are concrete monsters with usually very hit and miss service - but certainly go and visit the resort areas

Odessa hotel, hotel in Odessa Ukraine, hotel "London" · Hotel in Odessa, Ukraine (http://www.london-hotel.com.ua/eng/)

Odessa a very pleasant city, enjoy

ps. get an outside facing room rather than an 'atrium' which has an internal view over said 'atrium'

pps. seen post below 'Londonskaya' is a different hotel, very nice but very very pricy

WTON
4th Aug 2011, 10:20
I do confirm the Londonskaya hotel is a good one.
Enjoy.
Rgds

FlyMD
4th Aug 2011, 10:25
Thanks guys... Makes me think: maybe the way to find a halfway-decent hotel room in London is to look for the "Odessa"...:D

jettgoddess
4th Aug 2011, 10:45
Londonska:)ya is good...and great location.......old fashioned......enjoy Odessa its a lovely City

FrankR
4th Aug 2011, 10:47
Go to Odessa Executive Suites.

It's 40 yards off the main street, and 80 yards from the restaurants. The previously mentioned hotels are 6-8 blocks away from where you want to be.

PM me and I'll give you the name of some handlers and guides who will really help out. No one there speaks English, so a guide is really helpful.

FR

Aslak
4th Aug 2011, 12:25
Don't know the executive suites, could be a good choice.

With reference to Hotel London and Londonskaya and so on. there are 2 hotels within the city with almost the same name. The on the shore bank is a bit better in my opinion.

If you do have extra time and are up to and wanna have some fun, check out the Arcadia Beach scene. Nice clubs and nice views... ;)

Lime Rock
4th Aug 2011, 20:06
but I do recommend the Mozart Hotel of all the places I have stayed in Odessa. We flew there regularly and in the end always stayed there.

Regulation 6
5th Aug 2011, 13:25
I recommend the Londonskaya as well...

Kerosene
13th Aug 2011, 10:49
Highly recommending Hotel Mozart in Odessa: http://mozart-hotel.com/en/
Right next to the Opera.

Greetings from Odessa ;)

Kerosene

FlyMD
13th Aug 2011, 11:03
Well, we ended up changing our plans around a couple times and booking late, as usual, so most hotels were full. Our local rep booked us into a Ukrainian style boutique hotel near Arcadia beach (Uyutny hotel if memory serves) and it wasn't half bad: great omelet for breakfast, vast rooms, ultra clean and reasonably quiet.

However, I guess guetting international newspapers and 24 hours room service would have been a challenge, so I guess the Londonskaya or Mozart next time.

Thanks again for the inputs, gents..

Level 400
16th Aug 2011, 08:31
We stay there a lot and have stayed in both London and Londonskaya.
The Atrium tip for the London is a good one, but I rate the London's breakfast much better than the Londonskaya's, second only in Ukraine to that served in the Premier Palace in Kiev.

Level 400

Spunky Monkey
17th Aug 2011, 06:40
Last year our ops dept booked me into a hotel at the port. Can't remember the name...(will post it in a bit). - Hotel Odessa
It was above the main conference centre with ships on both sides.

It was intriguing at first watching the ships loading etc. However at 3 and 5 every morning, the ferry would leave and make sure everyone knew about it.

The hotel restaurant was poor and so you had to walk through the port to get to any restaurant. Felt like an English spy in a cold war drama, with all the gun toating guards around.

The bar full of hookers, but on the plus side, the bar was full of hookers!

These were very pretty girls who spoke great English and would chat to you if they were bored. However everything was run by the hotel. Which was likely run by the mafia, indicated by the 4 goons on the door to a 300 bed hotel with 10 guests.

I would probably avoid it in the future.